Pullman & Comley's Real Estate attorneys assist clients throughout Connecticut and nationally in a broad range of commercial real estate matters including developing, conveyancing, leasing and financing. Our clients include institutional, public and private lenders, residential and commercial developers, regulated utilities, health care institutions, real estate investors and corporate property owners.
Through our Real Estate Litigation practice, we handle disputes arising out of broken banking relationships, partnership conflicts, partition actions, zoning and environmental controversies, among other matters. Drawing upon the experience of attorneys in other practice areas around the firm, our Real Estate practice also handles environmental issues such as managing environmental risk and brownfield developments, green development, land use permits and approvals and tax matters related to real estate transactions.
In addition, Pullman & Comley's Property Tax and Valuation attorneys represent businesses, nonprofits and individuals in commercial property tax appeals and eminent domain matters. The team is one of the largest groups of attorneys and paralegals at a New England-based law firm focused in this area, and practices throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts and, with local partners, has also worked with clients in New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Their knowledge and experience can be helpful in developing property tax projections, often in conjunction with clients' real estate acquisitions or new construction.
News & Insights
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.21.2022
- Law360, 10.03.2022
- Pullman & Comley Assists East Hartford with Development and Tax Agreements for New Market-Rate ApartmentsJournal Inquirer, 02.16.2022
- Connecticut Post, 01.16.2022
- Law360, 12.13.2021
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.01.2021
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 07.01.2021
- Hartford Business Journal, 05.31.2021
- Hartford Business Journal, 05.31.2021
- Farmington Gardens, 999 Farmington Ave Farmington , Connecticut, 10.12.2022
- Southern Connecticut State University, Adanti Student Center Ballroom, 07.22.2022
- The Hartford Club, 46 Prospect Street, Hartford, CT 06103, 05.17.2022
- Business West, 03.17.2023
- Best Lawyers, 02.20.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.29.2021
- Upcoming 2021 Municipal Revaluations in Connecticut & Other Important Property Tax Deadlines for Manufacturers09.24.2021
- New England Real Estate Journal, 05.28.2021
- Hartford Business Journal and New Haven BIZZ, 01.01.2021
- Connecticut CARES Small Business Grant Program Created to Help Small Businesses and Non-Profits Recover from Challenges of COVID-19 Pandemic10.29.2020
- The Connecticut General Assembly Puts the First Nail in the Transfer Act’s Coffin: Connecticut to Adopt New Release-Based Remediation Program, but There is Still Much Work to be Done10.04.2020
- Governor Lamont Declares Continuing State of Emergency, Extends Executive Emergency Powers Through February 9, 202109.04.2020
- Executions On Commercial Evictions and Limited Residential Evictions Can Proceed Starting September 2, 202009.01.2020
- New York Real Estate Journal, 07.07.2020
- For What It May Be Worth, 05.19.2022
Our Real Estate practice successfully represented a local savings bank in connection with a non-revolving multiple tranche line of credit to the owner of Goodwin Square, an historic office building in downtown Hartford.
Our Real Estate and Government Finance attorneys represented the University of Connecticut in connection with the relocation of its West Hartford University library facilities and operations to the main branch of the Hartford Library.
Attorneys from our Government Finance and Real Estate practice were instrumental in the transformation of a blighted industrial property in Bridgeport into multifamily housing and a new charter school.
Our Real Estate and Business Finance attorneys closed various loan financing facilities of more than $8.7 million for housing for educational professionals in downtown Hartford.
- Co-chair, Real Estate, Energy, Environmental and Land Use860.424.4349
- Co-chair, Real Estate, Energy, Environmental and Land Use860.424.4366
- Chair, Property Tax and Valuation860.424.4332
- Tabitha Ayer
- Marshall K. Berger
- Laura Bellotti Cardillo
- Michael A. Ceccorulli
- Joshua S. Cole
- Geoffrey F. Fay
- Eliot B. Gersten
- Brion J. Kirsch
- James F. Martin
- Brian L. McCann
- Gary B. O'Connor
- Jean Perry Phillips
- Elliott B. Pollack
- Mary Beth K. Rapice
- Sara M. Winniman Rossman
- Christopher M. Rousseau
- Gregory F. Servodidio, CRE
- James B. Stewart
- Diane W. Whitney