Elliott B. Pollack represents commercial property valuation clients in ad valorem valuation and eminent domain litigation. He also assists his clients in negotiating tax and assessment fixing agreements and in projecting taxes as part of their pre-acquisition due diligence efforts.
Elliott has litigated or settled ad valorem and eminent domain cases totaling values of more than two billion dollars.
Connecticut Bar Association - James Cooper Fellow
Hartford County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Building Owners and Managers Association
Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers
International Property Tax Institute
International Association of Assessing Officers
Real Estate Finance Association
The Hartford Dispensary/Root Center - former president, vice president and member board of directors
Bushnell Park Foundation - board member
Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation - past president
Hartford Stage Company - past board member
Honors & Recognitions
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
Named 2017 "Member of the Year" by Building Owners and Managers Association/Greater Hartford Chapter
Bridgeport Wheelabrator trash to energy facility (Connecticut Supreme Court)
Two million square foot distribution center (3 separate cases)
Continuing care retirement centers (Connecticut Supreme Court)
Virtually all Hartford and many other Connecticut municipalities CBD office buildings
Four million square foot industrial complex
Many shopping centers and retail assets
Many eminent domain valuation challenges including fuel and terminal and inverse taking claims (Connecticut Supreme Court)
News & Insights
- Property Tax and Valuation Attorneys to Present at the Connecticut Chapter of Certified Commercial Investment Members ProgramGlastonbury Country Club, 01.29.2020
- Property Tax and Valuation Attorney Elliott B. Pollack Presents at Property Tax Symposium 2019 in SeattleHyatt Regency Seattle, Seattle, Washington, 11.11.2019
- Pullman & Comley's "A Tale of Two States: Recent Property Tax Decisions in Connecticut and Massachusetts" Webinar10.29.2019
- Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board and Supreme Judicial Court Updates in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency03.25.2020
- Connecticut Further Expands Coverage of Telehealth Services During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency03.20.2020
- 2019 Connecticut Chapter of American Bar Association Property Tax Deskbook and Eminent Domain Compendium Revaluations are on Their WayREFA-CT 2019 Winter Newsletter, 12.2019
- REFA-CT 2019 Summer Newsletter, 07.2019
- REFA-CT 2019 Winter Newsletter, 07.2019
- Originally published in the New England Real Estate Journal, 05.10.2019
Pullman's Property Tax and Valuation practice helps its business clients obtain equitable property tax assessments on their real estate holdings throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Pullman & Comley’s Property Tax and Valuation practice continued its regional expansion with the opening of the Springfield, Massachusetts office in 2019.
Our Health Care attorneys counsel hospitals and physicians dealing with these economic pressures and represent physician groups and hospital systems in negotiating merger and asset acquisition agreements and employment and independent contractor agreements.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Law clerk to former Associate Justice Howard W. Alcorn of the Connecticut Supreme Court
Columbia Law School, LL.B.
Columbia College, A.B.