James B. Stewart practices in the areas of estate planning and trust and estate administration.
While Jim is primarily engaged in various aspects of trusts and estates law, he also handles real estate transactions associated with the settlement of trusts and estates and oversees the firm’s activities with regard to the preparation of personal and fiduciary income tax returns.
He has lectured before the Connecticut Society for Certified Public Accountants and Bridgeport Bar Association on Connecticut estate settlement practice and related matters.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association - Executive Committee, Estates and Probate Section; writes case commentaries and other articles for the section's newsletter
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - Probate Section; panelist for several Greater Bridgeport Bar Association programs
- Representation of Executors and Trustees before the Internal Revenue Service and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services in various successful contested estate and gift tax proceedings.
- Utilization of various types of testamentary and inter-vivos trusts to achieve estate planning and financial management objectives for family assets.
- Oversee post-mortem fiduciary and individual tax planning in connection with the settlement of estate and trust matters for a wide range of clientele.
- Review and preparation of testamentary and inter-vivos arrangements, advance health care directives and durable powers of attorney to address and satisfy the needs of a wide range of client requirements and circumstances.
- Creating the Elizabeth M. Pfriem Foundation as an integral element of this wealthy client’s community servicing to extend a lifetime of area philanthropy and serving as a fiduciary of her Estate, Trust and Private Foundation.
News & Insights
Pullman & Comley is proud of the 40- year relationship we built with Elizabeth "Betty" Pfriem, an influential woman with whom our Trusts and Estates attorneys established the Elizabeth M. Pfriem Foundation.
Attorneys from our Trusts and Estates, Health Care and Litigation practices supervise and handle conservatorship and commitment matters for several large hospitals.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Supreme Court
Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1968
Wesleyan University, B.A., 1965