Tabitha Ayer is an associate in the firm's Real Estate practice and is licensed in both Massachusetts and Connecticut. She has represented lenders and borrowers of all types in commercial real estate and financing transactions, including acquisitions (including tax deferred exchanges under IRC Section 1031), refinances, and construction projects within Massachusetts and Connecticut, and has drafted, reviewed and negotiated commercial loan documents for both borrowers and lenders in both secured and unsecured loan transactions, as well as SBA financing. Her experience also encompasses representation of landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of commercial leases.
Additionally, Tabitha has represented businesses and their owners in general business matters, such as corporate governance, drafting and reviewing of contracts, and business succession plans, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Young Professional Society of Greater Springfield; board member (2017-2019)
Hampden County Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association
Dakin Humane Society - volunteer/committee member
Honors & Recognitions
Recipient of The Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch" award for 2024
CALI Award of Excellence
The following are representative of Tabitha's accomplishments and experience:
- Representation of landlord in drafting and negotiating a Commercial Lease for medical office space in a multi-unit commercial building, including tenant build out and allowance.
- Representation of land owner in drafting and negotiation of Ground Lease for the construction of multiple assisted living facilities.
- Representation of institutional lender in $2M construction financing for the expansion and improvement of school, including drafting of loan documents.
- Representation of institutional lender in $1M construction financing for the development of a grounded solar array, including interim financing for SBA 504 financing.
- Representation of steel manufacturing company in $3.2M financing for asset purchase, including review and negotiation of loan documents, drafting of corporate consents, and reviewing title to real estate
- Representation of economic development corporation in the sale of land to non-profit organization for construction of day school as part of development project involving private financing and state funding program.
- Representation of manufacturing company in multi-million dollar asset acquisition, including drafting negotiating Asset Purchase Agreement.
- Representation of business in asset purchase of restaurant chain with locations in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
News & Insights
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 08.17.2023
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Western New England University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Bay Path University, B.A., magna cum laude