As chair of the firm’s Property Tax and Valuation Department, Gregory F. Servodidio focuses his practice on representing businesses, nonprofits and individuals in commercial property tax appeals and eminent domain proceedings.
He advocates for property owners and lessees throughout Connecticut seeking equitable assessments of their real and personal property by municipal tax assessors. He represents clients in negotiations with municipal officials, revaluation companies and personal property audit firms, and contests inequitable assessments before local boards of assessment appeals and in Superior Court. In addition, he assists taxpayers with the filing of personal property declarations, income and expense statements and exemption applications, the preparation of property tax projections and the negotiation of property tax related agreements such as property tax stabilization agreements. Greg also represents individuals and entities seeking just compensation for their property completely or partially taken by eminent domain. He has litigated numerous property tax and eminent domain appeals before the Superior, Appellate and Supreme Courts of Connecticut over more than 25 years.
Greg is a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation and has been published in its Property Tax Report, as well as the Commercial Record, the Journal of Property Tax Management, the New England Real Estate Journal and the Hartford Business Journal. He co-authored the Connecticut chapters of the American Bar Association’s Property Tax Deskbook and Fifty-State Survey: The Law of Eminent Domain and lectures frequently on property tax and eminent domain issues. He was appointed by the Connecticut Tax Court to co-chair an advisory committee on the implementation of Public Act 95-283, which provided for significant property tax reform, and has advised the Tax Court subsequently.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Business and Industry Association's Tax Committee
The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
Hartford County Bar Association
Institute for Professionals in Taxation
International Association of Assessing Officers
International Council of Shopping Centers
International Right of Way Association
Massachusetts Association of Assessing Officers
National Association of Realtors
Northeast Regional Association of Assessing Officers
Real Estate Finance Association of Connecticut
Society of Professional Assessors
Honors & Recognitions
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of eminent domain and condemnation law since 2013
The Counselors of Real Estate - elected to membership in 2012
Experienced in the valuation of:
- owner-occupied corporate headquarters
- hospitality properties and conference facilities
- special purpose properties
- multi-tenant office buildings
- manufacturing, warehouse and distribution facilities
- retail properties, including regional malls, shopping centers of various sizes, "big box" stores and anchor department stores
- apartment buildings
- power generating facilities
- medical facilities
- vacant land
- different classes of business personal property
Mediation Training and Experience:
- Successfully completed American Arbitration Association's 40-hour Essential Mediation Skills for the New Mediator training course
- Faculty member in mediation presentations at American Bar Association, Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers and Institute for Professionals in Taxation programs
- Participant in hundreds of successful mediations of real and personal property tax appeals and eminent domain matters
News & Insights
- Webinar, 06.15.2021
- Zoom Webinar, 12.02.2020
- Webinar, 10.20.2020
- Governor Lamont Declares Continuing State of Emergency, Extends Executive Emergency Powers Through February 9, 202109.04.2020
- My Business is Using Less Power Due to COVID-19; Why is My Electric Bill So High? Things You Can Do to Lower Your Bill04.29.2020
- April 3, 2020 Act Provides Massachusetts Municipalities Option to Offer Property Tax Relief During COVID-19 Public Health Crisis04.06.2020
- Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board and Supreme Judicial Court Updates in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency03.25.2020
Pullman's Property Tax and Valuation practice helps its business clients obtain equitable property tax assessments on their real estate holdings throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Pullman & Comley’s Property Tax and Valuation practice continued its regional expansion with the opening of the Springfield, Massachusetts office in 2019.
In today’s competitive retail environment, it pays for merchants to review their real and personal property taxes to ensure they are equitable. Our property tax practice helped the owner of several regional malls achieve a multi-million dollar reduction in their property tax liability through an assessment appeal.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Georgetown University, A.B., magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa