Real Estate Litigation often involves varied areas of law, complex legal issues and a complete understanding of local neighborhood and political dynamics. The experienced litigators at Pullman & Comley draw upon the extensive knowledge of the members of our Real Estate, Environmental and Property Valuation practices, to deliver practical legal solutions to even the most challenging real estate and land use disputes.
Legal actions can arising out of broken banking relationships, partnership conflicts, partition actions, zoning matters, environmental controversies and much more. We have defended banks in all manner of lender liability claims ranging from breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing claims, to RICO allegations, to purported partnership and fiduciary duty breaches. We have foreclosed on multi-millions of dollars of mortgaged properties. We have defended multiple RESPA, TILA and related federal and state claims brought against banks. We have represented clients in zoning disputes at the local administrative level, in the appeals to the state court, and in federal court civil rights actions.
- Successful defense of municipality and its land use agency accused of conspiratorial conduct designed to thwart a development project.
- Successful defense of a municipality accused of improper regulation of a nonconforming use and violation of property owners constitutional rights to permits in connection with an open pit mining operation.
- Several negotiations resulting in compromised resolutions between developers and municipalities over contested 8-31g Affordable Housing Projects.
- Condemnation of environmentally impaired property taking into account the anticipated costs of remediation.
- Assembling multiple interested parties and funding sources for the acquisition of open space.
- Representation of farmers in the valuation of, and sale of development rights to governmental agencies, in order to permanently protect the farmland use of the property.
- Negotiated resolution to easement dispute between neighboring condominium associations
- Defended many landlords and condominium associations in Connecticut Commission on Human Rights & Opportunities (CHRO) fair housing matters
- Commercial landlord/tenant disputes
News & Insights
- Greenwich, New Canaan/Darien + Rowayton, Stamford, Westport and At Home Magazines, 03.2021
- CT Insider, 06.09.2020
- Virtual Event, 06.15.2021
- Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Series - Part XII: Vaccines, Stimulus and Restructuring – What Will the Next Normal Look Like?03.26.2021
- Executions On Commercial Evictions and Limited Residential Evictions Can Proceed Starting September 2, 202009.01.2020
- New York Real Estate Journal, 07.07.2020
- Hartford Business Journal, 06.01.2020
- If COVID-19 Caused You to Stop or Curtail Operations, Check Your Policy for Crisis Management Coverage03.24.2020
With the assistance of Pullman & Comley attorneys, Sacred Heart University purchased the 66-acre former General Electric world headquarters in Fairfield, Connecticut.