At Pullman & Comley, we believe a supportive, collaborative environment that fosters ongoing professional growth is essential to the well-being of our firm and enhances our ability to deliver superior client service. Professional development training represents the wisest investment we can make in our most valuable asset: our people.
We provide training that meets the specific needs of attorneys, depending on their level and areas of practice.
- Two days of general orientation
- Associate and partner mentoring
- Training on effective advocacy techniques, document drafting, brief writing, negotiation and presentation skills and various other legal and technical skills
- Observations of depositions, hearings, closings and other informational events
- One-on-one training in substantive legal developments
- Mid-summer and final evaluation conferences
- Programming provided by the firm’s Associate Training Committee
New associates receive mentorship, professional guidance and direction on project-based tasks from department chairs and attorneys, while the Associate Training Committee maintains a curriculum of professional development programs. Associates are closely supervised and carefully reviewed during their first few years and highly encouraged to attend professional educational seminars. In-house training is provided not only in substantive practice areas but also in developing comprehensive strategies for the associate’s long-term professional success. Training includes:
- General orientation
- Mentorship program, including a direct one-on-one mentorship program, senior attorney instruction, observational opportunities and on-the-job training
- Associate writing program
- Department-based training
- Ongoing formal and informal feedback on performance
- Monthly “Lunch and Learn” programs provided by the Associates Committee
- Departmental educational meetings cover practice-specific developments
- Memoranda on new court decisions and other relevant information circulated on a regular basis
- Training on state-of-the-art office technology
- Monthly continuing education seminars conducted by members of the firm on topics of broader interest throughout the legal community
- Mentorship program pairing income partners with equity partners
- Business development and marketing coaching, training and support
For more on our firm and how we work, view our annual report.