Pullman & Comley is committed to the professional development of all of our attorneys. We believe a supportive, collaborative environment that fosters ongoing professional growth is essential to the well-being of our firm, enhancing our ability to deliver superior client service. Training represents the wisest investment we can make in our most valuable asset – our people.
We provide training that meets the specific needs of attorneys, depending on their level and areas of practice.
- Two days of general orientation
- Associate and partner mentoring
- Training on effective advocacy techniques, document drafting, brief writing, negotiation and presentation skills and various other legal and technical skills
- Observations of depositions, hearings, closings and other informational events
- One-on-one training in substantive legal developments
- Mid-summer and final evaluation conferences
- Training provided to new associates and all attorneys that occurs during the summer months
- One day of general orientation
- Mentorship program
- Associate writing program
- Department-based training
- Ongoing formal and informal feedback on performance
- Business development/marketing training and support
- Training provided by the Associate Training/Development Committee
- Departmental educational meetings cover practice-specific developments
- Memoranda on new court decisions and other relevant information circulated on a regular basis.
- Training on state-of-the-art office technology
- Monthly continuing education seminars conducted by members of the firm on topics of broader interest throughout the legal community
For more on our firm and how we work, view our annual report.