Pullman & Comley attorneys are frequently recognized for achievements in the legal profession. We applaud the following attorneys for their recent accomplishments:
- Megan Y. Carannante, Monte E. Frank, Joshua A. Hawks-Ladds and James (Tim) Shearin earned a star honor in the 2022 edition of Benchmark Litigation rankings in Connecticut, a publication noted for identifying the attorneys shaping the dynamic practice of litigation. Megan Y. Carannante, Monte E. Frank, Joshua A. Hawks-Ladds and James (Tim) Shearin were named in the guide, which provides law firm and law
- Family Law attorney Kelly A. Scott was named to the Connecticut Bar Foundation's James W. Cooper Fellows Class of 2021, an honor bestowed upon outstanding Connecticut lawyers, judges and teachers of law.
- Erick Russell, an attorney in Pullman & Comley's Government Finance practice, was recognized as one of Connecticut's most influential young people in Connecticut Magazine's "2021 40 Under 40 List" in February 2021.
- Diane W. Whitney, co-chair of the Land Use Practice, was named the 2020 Individual Leader Honoree by the Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation in December 2020.
- John F. Stafstrom, co-chair of the Government Finance Department, received the Career Resources Inc. President's Award in November 2020. John was founding board chair of this nonprofit organization which provides essential employment services to set people on the path to a viable career. Earlier in the year, John became Chair, National Board of Directors, of Lambda Legal, a national organization committed to protecting the right of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those living with AIDS.
- Congratulations to Andrés Jiménez-Franck, an attorney in Pullman & Comley’s Labor, Employment Law and Employee Benefits practice, for being named in July 2020 as the Director of Communications on the Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association (CHBA) Board of Directors.
- Pullman & Comley congratulates attorney Erick Russell on being named to the American Bar Association's "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers" Award program in June 2020.
Erick A. Russell, an associate with the firm's Government Finance practice, was awarded the George W. Crawford Black Bar Association’s inaugural Rising Leader award at the organization's annual awards dinner on May 8, 2019.Judge Anne C. Dranginis (Ret.) was honored on May 6 at the Connecticut Bar Foundation's 2019 Reception and Annual Meeting of the James W. Cooper Fellows with the organization's Distinguished Service Award. Click here for additional information.
- Judge Anne C. Dranginis (Ret.), a member of Pullman & Comley’s Alternative Dispute Resolution practice, was the recipient of the Connecticut Bar Association’s John Eldred Shields Distinguished Professional Service Award at CBA’s “Celebrate with the Stars” dinner on April 11, 2019.
- Judge Lynda B. Munro (Ret.), a member of the firm's Family Law practice was the recipient of the 2019 Ladder Award Winner, presented by the Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyer Women in the Law Committee. To read the full press release, click here.
In addition to our individual attorneys, several of our practice areas were recently recognized for their achievements:
- Chambers USA 2021, the leading guide to the legal profession serving businesses, recognized 11 individual attorneys and the practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Environment, Health Care, Labor and Employment, General Commercial Litigation and Real Estate. For more information, click here
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have included Pullman & Comley on the 2021 “Best Law Firms” list. Fifteen total Pullman & Comley practice areas received Tier 1 ranking in the Hartford and/or Stamford regions. The rankings are based on surveys of law firms as well as client and professional references detailing a high level of expertise, responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, and more. Read the full press release here.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2022. Pullman & Comley LLC is pleased that 36 attorneys have been included in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, constituting more than 40 percent of the firm’s members and nearly a third of its attorneys. In addition, six of the firm’s attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" in their practice area and location and six attorneys were recognized as "Ones to Watch." For more information, click here.
- Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to the world's leading litigation firms and lawyers, selected four Pullman & Comley attorneys to appear in their 2021 guide, including Benchmark Litigation Stars James T. Shearin and Monte E. Frank and Benchmark Labor & Employment Stars Megan Carannante and Joshua Hawks-Ladds.
- Super Lawyers 2020. A total of 32 attorneys from Pullman & Comley, LLC, were honored by 2020 Super Lawyers with 21 named to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list for 2020 and 11 recognized as 2020 Super Lawyers “Connecticut Rising Stars.” In addition to being named as Super Lawyers, Pullman & Comley Chairman James (Tim) Shearin was included on the “Top 10: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list and Pullman & Comley attorneys David P. Atkins, Campbell D. Barrett, and Jonathan B. Orleans were each named on the “Top 50: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list. For more information, click here.
Pullman & Comley's Public Finance practice is a major component of the firm and is well recognized both nationally and in Connecticut where it is consistently ranked by the Bond Buyer among the top five Connecticut-based bond counsel firms based on total debt issued in Connecticut. In the Bond Buyer 2020 Yearend Review, Pullman & Comley ranked first for Connecticut bond counsel.
- Pullman & Comley's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practice ranked at the top of the "Best of New England 2020" poll published by the Connecticut Law Tribune and others.