Pullman & Comley attorneys are frequently recognized for achievements in the legal profession. We applaud the following attorneys for their recent accomplishments:
- Diane W. Whitney, co-chair of the Land Use Practice, was named the 2020 Individual Leader Honoree by the Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation in December 2020.
- John F. Stafstrom, co-chair of the Government Finance Department, received the Career Resources Inc. President's Award in November 2020. John was founding board chair of this nonprofit organization which provides essential employment services to set people on the path to a viable career. Earlier in the year, John became Chair, National Board of Directors, of Lambda Legal, a national organization committed to protecting the right of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those living with AIDS.
- Congratulations to Andrés Jiménez-Franck, an attorney in Pullman & Comley’s Labor, Employment Law and Employee Benefits practice, for being named in July 2020 as the Director of Communications on the Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association (CHBA) Board of Directors.
- Pullman & Comley congratulates attorney Erick Russell on being named to the American Bar Association's "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers" Award program in June 2020.
- Erick A. Russell, an associate with the firm's Government Finance practice, was awarded the George W. Crawford Black Bar Association’s inaugural Rising Leader award at the organization's annual awards dinner on May 8, 2019.
- Judge Anne C. Dranginis (Ret.) was honored on May 6 at the Connecticut Bar Foundation's 2019 Reception and Annual Meeting of the James W. Cooper Fellows with the organization's Distinguished Service Award. Click here for additional information.
- Judge Anne C. Dranginis (Ret.), a member of Pullman & Comley’s Alternative Dispute Resolution practice, was the recipient of the Connecticut Bar Association’s John Eldred Shields Distinguished Professional Service Award at CBA’s “Celebrate with the Stars” dinner on April 11, 2019.
- Judge Lynda B. Munro (Ret.), a member of the firm's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Family Law practices was the recipient of the 2019 Ladder Award Winner, presented by the Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyer Women in the Law Committee. To read the full press release, click here.
- Family Law attorney Jill D. Bicks was recognized in April 2019 by The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIFLA) as Connecticut's "10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction" for five continuous years. To read more about the award, please see below for the press release issued by the AIFLA.
In addition to our individual attorneys, several of our practice areas were recently recognized for their achievements:
- Pullman & Comley's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practice ranked at the top of the "Best of New England 2020" poll published by the Connecticut Law Tribune and others.
- Over the last ten years, national publication The Bond Buyer has consistently ranked Pullman & Comley within the top five bond counsel firms in the state of Connecticut, and this year ranked Pullman as the number one Connecticut bond counsel firm during the first six months of 2020.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have included Pullman & Comley on the 2021 “Best Law Firms” list. Fifteen total Pullman & Comley practice areas received Tier 1 ranking in the Hartford and/or Stamford regions. The rankings are based on surveys of law firms as well as client and professional references detailing a high level of expertise, responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, and more.
- Several professional publications consistently rank our attorneys as leaders in their fields, including the following:
- The Best Lawyers in America 2020. Pullman & Comley LLC is pleased that 33 attorneys have been included in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, constituting more than 40 percent of the firm’s members and nearly a third of its attorneys. In addition, four of the firm’s attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" in their practice area and location. For more information, click here.
- Chambers USA 2020, the leading guide to the legal profession serving businesses, recognized 13 individual attorneys and the practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Environment, Health Care, Labor and Employment, General Commercial Litigation and Real Estate. For more information, click here.
- Super Lawyers 2020. A total of 32 attorneys from Pullman & Comley, LLC, were honored by 2020 Super Lawyers with 21 named to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list for 2020 and 11 recognized as 2020 Super Lawyers “Connecticut Rising Stars.” In addition to being named as Super Lawyers, Pullman & Comley Chairman James (Tim) Shearin was included on the “Top 10: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list and Pullman & Comley attorneys David P. Atkins, Campbell D. Barrett, and Jonathan B. Orleans were each named on the “Top 50: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list. For more information, click here.
- Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to the world's leading litigation firms and lawyers, selected five Pullman & Comley attorneys to appear in their 2020 guide, including Benchmark Litigation Stars: Monte Frank and James T. Shearin, and Benchmark Labor & Employment Stars: Megan Carannante, Joshua Hawks-Ladds and Monte Frank.