Pullman & Comley’s Business and Finance law practice advises both publicly-traded entities with a global presence to closely-held start-ups, entrepreneurs and large and small privately held companies on a wide range of business-related issues. Our attorneys serve clients in the financial services, energy and utilities, health care, automotive dealerships, agribusiness, manufacturing, professional services, consumer products, marketing/advertising, marketing research, entertainment and technology industries. We provide counsel on issues that include the choice of business entity, the negotiation of sophisticated commercial agreements and financings, and mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
The attorneys comprising our team are well versed in a wide range of transactions involving capital formation, securities law compliance, intellectual property protection, licensing agreements and business franchises. Our ability to combine our firm’s tax and business experience in the planning phase and to understand the laws affecting issues of corporate governance allows us to respond efficiently and effectively to our clients.
Representing a manufacturer as the acquirer of the assets of a debtor in possession
Representing a manufacturer of high-tech devices in its corporate formation, governance and equity raises
Representing an information services business in its acquisition of an industry leader in a related field
Representing a manufacturing company in its reverse cash merger with an affiliate of a British conglomerate
Representing various clients in the development of incentive and non-statutory stock option and stock appreciation rights plans
Advising officers and directors with regard to restrictions on insider trading and short swing profits
Representing U.S. and foreign entities with respect to financing and tax issues inside and outside the United States
Preparation of complex executive employment agreements and compensation packages, and negotiation of executive termination agreements
Drafted and negotiated complex service agreements on behalf of a leader on the food service and venue management industry for prominent sports venues and convention centers
Represented an industry-leading manufacturer of timers, controls and SaaS solutions for the commercial kitchen foodservice industry
Drafted and negotiated complex service agreements on behalf of a leader in the food service and venue management industry for prominent sports venues and convention centers, including Invesco Field at Mile High (n/k/a Sports Authority Field at Mile High) and the Jacob Javits Center in New York City
Represented an industry-leading manufacturer of timers, controls and SaaS solutions for the commercial kitchen foodservice industry in the refinance of its commercial lines of credit and loan facilities for both the parent company and several operating subsidiaries
Represented a local pharmaceutical contract manufacturer in its acquisition by a global generic pharmaceutical concern.
News & Insights
- Fairfield County Business Journal, 09.21.2019
- The Connecticut Post, 09.06.2019
- WPKN Community Radio 89.5, 08.14.2019
- Westfair Communications, 06.28.2017
- The Redding Pilot, 05.01.2017
- IN THE NEWS: John F. Stafstrom, Jr. Offers Final Remarks at Bridgeport Regional Business Council's Annual AddressFairfield County Business Journal, 03.23.2015
- New Haven Register, 03.06.2015
- New Haven Register, 08.07.2014
- Republican American, 10.03.2013
- Hartford Business Journal, 08.26.2013
- Greenwich Times, 06.23.2013
- Connecticut Post
- Connecticut Post, 06.08.2013
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 05.06.2013
- IN THE NEWS: John F. Stafstrom Jr. Named One of 2012 "Dozen Who Made a Difference" by Connecticut Law Tribune12.31.2012
- thebridgeportnews.com, 09.06.2012
- Hartford Business Journal, 05.31.2011
- The Hartford Courant, 07.06.2009
- IN THE NEWS: Pullman & Comley, LLC Represents White Rock Holding Associates, LLC in Connection with $1.3B Transaction06.27.2008
- RBC Bearings Incorporated Completes the Acquisition of Precision Industrial Components LLC, 06.09.2008
- NYFIX Rings NASDAQ Opening Bell, 02.19.2008
- Attorney Karen Wackerman Speaks on Contracts at Women’s Business Development Council’s Summer Legal Clinic08.27.2019
- Attorneys Stephen M. Cowherd and Karen P. Wackerman Discuss Health Care Mergers & Acquisitions at March CBA Seminar03.12.2019
- Karen A. Jeffers and Russell F. Anderson Conduct Webinar for the American Association of Advertising Agencies on "Assessing Website Accessibility"11.28.2017
- Highlights of the New Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and Other Recent Developments in Corporate Governance Law in Connecticut06.13.2017
- Webinar, 11.03.2010
- Law 360, 06.18.2018
- What Might Wayfair Mean for Me? The Changing Landscape of State and Local Sales Taxes and Retroactivity Concerns03.15.2018
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Take Note: Significant Changes in IRS Audit Procedures Take Effect January 1, 201812.2017
- The New Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and its Effect on Your Operating Agreement09.14.2017
- Amazon FBA Sellers and Online Retailers: What is the 2017 MTC Sales Tax Amnesty Program and Do I Need to Register for It?09.14.2017
- HartfordBusiness.com, 07.08.2016
- CBIA Small Business News, 04.27.2016
- GVCC BizLink Newsletter, 04.19.2016
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 03.07.2016
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 01.05.2016
- Connecticut Innovations, 07.22.2014
- Fairfield County Business Journal, 04.29.2014
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 12.27.2013
- Hartford Business Journal, 02.11.2013
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council Health Care Newsletter, 09.2012
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 11.15.2010
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 10.25.2010
- (Reprinted with permission from GC New England), 12.17.2007
- ALERT: Business Enterprises: SEC Clarifies Ability To Bring Enforcement Actions Under Advisors Act with New Anti-Fraud Rule08.16.2007
- Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 08.30.2006
- PRESS RELEASE: CHAMBERS USA 2018 Recognizes Fifteen Pullman & Comley Attorneys and Six Practice Areas06.28.2018
- Pullman & Comley Practice Groups Earn Seventeen U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Tier 1 Rankings12.19.2017
- The Redding Pilot, 05.01.2017
- PRESS RELEASE: Industry 4.0 Forum Highlights Opportunities for Future German Investment in CT Manufacturing Sector04.03.2017
- PRESS RELEASE: Pullman & Comley Attorneys Named to 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists10.19.2015
- PRESS RELEASE: Brad Mondschein Receives 2014 Volunteer of The Year Award From Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford
- PRESS RELEASE: Pullman & Comley Attorneys Named to 2013 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists11.15.2013
- Steven J. Bonafonte Named General Counsel of The Connecticut Chapter of The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners06.26.2012
During the last 100 years, Pullman & Comley has represented People's United Bank and been a key partner in supporting the bank’s growth, providing mastery and counsel concerning acquisitions, geographic expansion and entry into new business lines.
Pullman & Comley has worked with Santa Energy on many fronts over the years, ranging from assistance on real estate and environmental matters to general corporate and financing counsel that support the company’s continued expansion to diversify energy services across the Northeast.
Since 2006, P&C has provided blumshapiro with practical legal advice on the laws and regulations affecting merger and acquisition activities, personnel issues, and the Internal Revenue Code. Both organizations enjoy a shared goal of building lasting partnerships with clients and an investment in their success.
Pullman client RedCrow Crowd launched an equity crowdfunding platform dedicated to investments in health care companies with social impact potential.
Members of Pullman & Comley's Commercial Finance practice successfully represented People's United Bank, N.A. in connection with several credit facilities to a regional supplier and delivery company of petroleum products.
Our Securities Law and Emerging Business attorney eagerly assisted our innovative client, Clean Origin, to bring to consumers the world’s most environmentally sound and socially responsible engagement rings available today.
In November 2016, the firm’s Government Finance practice served as bond counsel to the State of Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority on its $115,785,000 Revenue Bonds, Masonicare Issues, Series F and G. Masonicare is the largest provider of senior health care, senior living, home care and hospice in Connecticut.
Our attorneys helped the United States Tennis Association (USTA) embark on a transformation of its online properties.
Pullman & Comley is participating in a number of endeavors to help Connecticut entrepreneurs and startups launch and build new businesses.
During the last several years, the firm has enjoyed working with illy caffè North America, a subsidiary of the family-owned coffee company illy caffè S.p.A., based in Trieste, Italy, as it continues its successful expansion in the North American market.
For nearly 50 years, our firm has assisted Encon with smooth transitions in its ownership spanning three generations of business owners.
With its proximity to New York and Boston, high standard of living and talented workforce, Connecticut is an attractive state for international companies looking to land in the United States.
A significant number of Connecticut attorneys, in law firms, corporate legal departments and insurance agencies, turn to our Professional Liability team for risk management advice to handle their important matters.
Our firm has been a driving force in Connecticut's efforts to attract Israeli companies over the past five years through our relationships with The Connecticut Economic Resource Center and The University of Connecticut. One example is our client; H2O Farm, an Israeli company specializing in automated factory greenhouses using hydroponics technology.
Since medical marijuana was legalized in Connecticut, our attorneys have assisted the businesses that grow, dispense and provide testing services for this limited-use drug, while also advising employers grappling with employment policies and practices that need to be modified to meet the new statute guidelines.
Over the years, Pullman & Comley has been privileged to represent many well-known international businesses and their U.S. subsidiaries. 2014 was no exception, as we initiated representation of the North American subsidiary of Italy’s renowned coffee company, illy caffè.
As the automobile industry gained strength during the past years, the firm’s Automotive Dealers practice continued to guide franchised dealers through a host of issues from floor plan financing and succession planning to dealing with hazardous waste handling and energy services procurement to facing future regulatory challenges and managing succession planning.
- Russell F. Anderson
- Morris W. Banks
- Collin P. Baron
- James G. Dowling Jr.
- Andrew C. Glassman
- Nancy A. D. Hancock
- Karen A. Jeffers
- George J. Kasper
- Frederic Lee Klein
- Randall C. Mathieson
- D. Robert Morris
- Amy E. Murray
- Gary B. O'Connor
- Kelly F. O'Donnell
- John F. Stafstrom Jr.
- Sarah M. Ticson
- Karen P. Wackerman
- Thomas H. Wilkeson