Our attorneys have an extensive understanding of the market research and data analytics industry, having represented clients that embody the full range of the industry, including:
- Full-service custom market research
- Data analytics providers
- Syndicated research
- Statistical sample/panel providers
- Mystery shopping
- Pharmaceutical market research
- Customer satisfaction research
- User experience (UX) testing
- Technology services tailored to the market research and analytics industries.
Our work in this field includes:
- Negotiating numerous high-value master services agreements for the engagement of research firms by Fortune 500 companies
- Drafting forms of subscription agreements for syndicated research reports
- Assisting with contractual relationships with panel providers/technology providers
- Negotiation of strategic partnerships for joint market research product offerings
- Assisting market research firms to comply with state, federal and international privacy and data security laws, including those with respect to data collection, use and protection
- Providing advice regarding compliance with industry codes, including those of the Insights Association and ESOMAR.
- Structuring respondent incentive programs and related promotions, including sweepstakes.
- Negotiated a global master service agreement for a publicly-traded market research client with one of its largest pharmaceutical customers.
- Advised a customer satisfaction research firm on how to comply with numerous European privacy laws as well as all applicable industry codes in structuring an international survey program on behalf of its Fortune 500 client.
- Counseled a multi-national market research company regarding all state and federal requirements under pharmaceutical gift ban and reporting statutes.
- Negotiated a joint venture agreement on behalf of a market research firm with a data analytics provider.
News & Insights
- Insights Association, 09.26.2019
Our Marketing, Advertising and Entertainment practice helps assure our clients that their digital, print and broadcast advertising is compliant with intellectual property laws, privacy and publicity laws, and federal and state laws, without sacrificing their business needs or marketing goals.