Randall C. Mathieson’s legal practice includes corporate and securities law, health care, mergers and acquisitions, franchising, commercial financing, private equity, venture capital, and regulatory compliance. His experience as a senior corporate executive and general counsel for several large international businesses has provided him with a broad and strategic perspective on legal matters, as well as a detailed familiarity with a wide range of issues.
Rand has an extensive background in the health care industry, including the organization and structuring of health care enterprises, the development and management of long-term care facilities, representation of clients in regulatory proceedings, arranging debt and equity financing for medical ventures, resolving disputes among physician-partners, and drafting a variety of employment, compensation and services agreements. He has represented hospitals, multi-state medical practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and other health care facilities and organizations in connection with both their purchase and sale.
In addition to his legal and corporate management background, Rand has significant financial and operations experience, including negotiation of complex transactions, due diligence reviews, strategic planning, quality systems, internal investigations, and business valuations.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association (member, Business Law Section Executive Committee)
Bridgeport Bar Association
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
News & Insights
- Information Blocking FAQs – The April 5th Implementation Deadline Has Passed; What Providers Need to Know04.08.2021
- Southern District of New York’s Decision to Invalidate Health Care Provider Exclusion and Work Availability Requirement of FFCRA May Have Implications for Connecticut08.07.2020
- Connecticut Allows New Telehealth Capabilities and Further Expands Clinical Workforce in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic04.24.2020
- More Money for Hospitals and Other COVID-19 Caregivers: Federal Provider Relief Fund Replenished and Disbursement Begins04.24.2020
- Executive Order Limiting Liability for Connecticut Providers Responding to COVID-19 Grants Protections for Health Care Professionals and Hospitals Grappling With Pandemic04.05.2020
- Connecticut Further Expands Coverage of Telehealth Services During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency03.20.2020
Pullman & Comley is participating in a number of endeavors to help Connecticut entrepreneurs and startups launch and build new businesses.
During the last several years, the firm has enjoyed working with illy caffè North America, a subsidiary of the family-owned coffee company illy caffè S.p.A., based in Trieste, Italy, as it continues its successful expansion in the North American market.
Our Health Care attorneys counsel hospitals and physicians dealing with these economic pressures and represent physician groups and hospital systems in negotiating merger and asset acquisition agreements and employment and independent contractor agreements.
Over the years, Pullman & Comley has been privileged to represent many well-known international businesses and their U.S. subsidiaries. 2014 was no exception, as we initiated representation of the North American subsidiary of Italy’s renowned coffee company, illy caffè.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Tax Court
Cornell Law School, J.D., cum laude; Note and Comment Editor of Cornell International Law Journal, 1975
Cornell Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., with special distinction, 1974
Princeton University, B.S.E., cum laude, 1971