Collin P. Baron is a member of Pullman & Comley’s Health Care practice.
Collin has been involved in a wide variety of corporate health care matters during his career at the firm. His involvement has encompassed virtually all areas of health care law and has included representation of individual and group physicians, dentists and other health care providers; federally qualified health centers; rehabilitation centers; nursing homes; and provider groups. Along with many other assignments and roles, Collin has served for more than 25 years as outside general counsel of two Connecticut acute care hospitals during his long career as a Health Care attorney.
Collin has advised clients on such matters as corporate governance; mergers, affiliations, joint ventures and corporate restructurings; sale and acquisition of provider practices; Stark, fraud and abuse and HIPAA compliance; tax issues related to nonprofits and charitable organizations; Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement; managed care contracting and internal audits, investigations and corporate compliance. He has also represented numerous providers in proceedings before the Connecticut Office of Health Care Access, counseled providers on medical staff issues including credentialing, peer review and disciplinary proceedings, and drafted and implemented corporate compliance programs.
- Representation of hospitals in affiliation with other hospitals, including conducting due diligence; negotiating and drafting affiliation agreements and governing documents; and obtaining regulatory approvals
- Representation of hospitals and physician groups in negotiating and establishing joint ventures compliant with Stark and AKS
- Representation before the Connecticut Office of Health Care Access in certificate of need proceedings
- Representation of hospital medical staffs in proceedings to terminate physician membership and staff privileges
- Representation of physicians in proceedings before the Connecticut Board of Medical Examiners
- Development of hospital policies and procedures affecting such areas as patient resuscitation, organ donation, AIDS testing and informed consent
- Representation of hospitals in the development and implementation of physician recruiting programs
American Health Lawyers Association
Connecticut Health Lawyers Association - former president
Honors & Recognitions
Named a Moffly Media Top Lawyer in Fairfield County, 2021 - Healthcare Law
Selected to Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers to Businesses in the area of health care.
Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list in 2007, 2010, 2013 - 2019 in the areas of health care and business/corporate.
News & Insights
- Interstate Medical Licensure Compact and PSYPACT To Debut in Connecticut: New Laws Meant to Streamline Physician Licensure and Broaden Mental Health Access09.20.2022
- PREVIEW of United States Supreme Court Cases, 01.2022
- Information Blocking FAQs – The April 5th Implementation Deadline Has Passed; What Providers Need to Know04.08.2021
- Moffly Media, 09.01.2023
- Connecticut Department of Public Health Issues Two Orders Providing Patients with Disabilities and Minors with a Limited Right to Receive Visitors in Certain Facilities During PandemicConnecticut Health Law, 06.16.2020
- Connecticut Health Law, 03.25.2020
- Connecticut Health Law, 11.01.2016
Pullman & Comley began representing Bridgeport Hospital 50 years ago, and when Bridgeport Hospital became the first community hospital to join Yale New Haven Health in 1996, it was natural for that relationship to continue09.24.2019
During the last 100 years, Pullman & Comley has represented People's United Bank and been a key partner in supporting the bank’s growth, providing mastery and counsel concerning acquisitions, geographic expansion and entry into new business lines.09.24.2019
Members of Pullman & Comley's Health Care team worked with clients transitioning to the growing practice of "concierge," "boutique" or "retainer" methods of practice.
“Access Health CT” is the business name and registered trademark for the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange – the state’s health insurance marketplace established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Most consumers recognize Access Health CT by the bright yellow and orange logo used to introduce the Exchange to the public, but some individuals search for the Exchange on the Internet using terms such as: “Connecticut insurance exchange” or “CT health insurance exchange.”
Pullman & Comley is participating in a number of endeavors to help Connecticut entrepreneurs and startups launch and build new businesses.
Our health care attorneys were at the forefront of representing clients in mergers and acquisitions as well as in a host of regulatory matters in the ever-growing ambulatory surgery center sector.
Our Health Care attorneys counsel hospitals and physicians dealing with these economic pressures and represent physician groups and hospital systems in negotiating merger and asset acquisition agreements and employment and independent contractor agreements.
Pullman & Comley’s Health Care practice provided regulatory and contracting advice
and assistance to our hospital clients involved in conducting clinical trials
of new drugs and medical devices, prior to the Federal Drug Administration’s
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Supreme Court
The George Washington University National Law Center, J.D.
University of Virginia, B.A.