Chambers 2021 Recognizes Pullman & Comley Attorneys and Practice Areas
The law firm of Pullman & Comley, LLC earned six practice area rankings in Chambers USA, a leading business guide to the legal profession recognized worldwide for its detailed research and review process. Eleven of the firm’s individual attorneys were recognized as well.
For 2021, the firm was acknowledged in six of the seven practice areas recognized in Connecticut including: Corporate/M&A, Environment, Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate.
- For the fourth straight year, the firm’s Environmental practice was ranked in Band 1 and praised for its strong performance across a range of matters including brownfield remediations and enforcement defense, in addition to its particular experience advising on large-scale renewable energy projects, such as solar power plants, and relationships with developers.
- Areas within the Litigation practice that were highlighted include alternative dispute resolution, creditors' rights, bankruptcy and financial restructurings, construction litigation, mediation and arbitration, and professional malpractice litigation.
- The Healthcare practice was recognized for its extensive experience of handling complex transactions in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, which includes advising on acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as negotiating hospital affiliation agreements. The practice was also acknowledged for its governmental audits and regulatory compliance proficiency.
- The Real Estate practice was noted for handling sophisticated financing transactions and advising financial institutions, real estate companies and state and municipal agencies on a diverse range of real estate matters.
- The firm’s Labor & Employment practice handles a variety of contentious and noncontentious matters for a range of public and private sector clients, including education and local government sectors, and also advises on employee benefits matters.
- The Corporate/M&A practice was noted for advising privately held companies on a range of business law needs, including on M&A and project finance, and its expert representation of emerging companies alongside its advice to venture capitalists, private equity funds and traditional and alternative energy businesses.
In addition, eleven individual attorneys were recognized, including David P. Atkins (Litigation: General Commercial); Stephen M. Cowherd (Healthcare); Andrew C. Glassman (Corporate/M&A); Nancy A. D. Hancock (Corporate/M&A); Joshua Hawks-Ladds (Labor & Employment); Lee D. Hoffman (Environment); John J. Kindl (Real Estate); Gary B. O’Connor (Environment); Jonathan B. Orleans (Labor & Employment); Michael G. Proctor (Real Estate); and James T. Shearin (Litigation: General Commercial).
Chambers USA ranks the top lawyers and law firms across all the United States and its rankings are assessed by their experienced team of Chambers researchers. To read more about Chambers, the firm and individual rankings, please access the Chambers site by visiting www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Pullman & Comley
Pullman & Comley is one of Connecticut’s largest firms and, for more than 100 years, has provided a wide range of legal services to clients in the New England region, as well as throughout the United States and internationally. Pullman & Comley’s major practice areas include business organizations and finance; public finance; health care; labor, employment law and employee benefits; litigation; property tax and valuation; real estate, land use and environmental; and trusts and estates. The firm has offices in Bridgeport, Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury and Westport, Connecticut; White Plains, New York; and Springfield, Massachusetts. The firm is an active member of the Law Firm Alliance, an international affiliation of law firms. For more information, please visit www.pullcom.com.
- Alternative Energy
- Antitrust Litigation
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Business and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Class Action
- Commercial Finance
- Compliance and Risk Management Services
- Dam And Water Impoundment Assistance
- Emerging Business and Venture Capital
- Employee Benefits
- Energy Procurement and Use
- Energy, Regulatory and Telecommunications
- Environmental Law and Litigation
- Health Care
- Hospitals and Health Care Institutions
- Labor and Employment Counseling and Training
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Labor, Employment Law & Employee Benefits
- Land Use
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Physicians and Other Health Care Practitioners
- Power Development
- Professional Liability
- Public and Private Union-Management Relations
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales
- Real Estate Leasing
- Residential, Commercial and Community Development Projects