Pullman & Comley’s Energy Procurement and Use practice focuses on helping clients procure and use energy more efficiently and cost effectively. This practice utilizes our extensive knowledge and experience in wholesale and retail energy markets, as well as renewable energy, distributed generation, combined heat and power (CHP) systems, and demand side management techniques and products.
Our clients include large industrial and commercial consumers of energy and consumer groups, as well as real estate developers and property managers. Our clients have experienced significant savings by procuring energy in the competitive energy market and participating in clean energy, energy conservation and demand management programs. Our clients also help consumers to conserve energy and avoid demand charges through the installation of efficient lighting and smart appliances and motors, as well as on-site distributed generation. We have also helped clients navigate the intricacies of Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) creation and trading and participation in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Climate Leaders Program.
Representation of large consumers and consumer groups in the competitive procurement and negotiation of contracts, demand-side management and conservation services to meet their energy needs
Representation of municipal utility in negotiation of power supply and unit power agreements
Representation of consumers in billing and power contract disputes
Representation of clients in the creation and sale of RECs, Green Tags and White Tags
Representation of demand-side energy service providers in obtaining approval to participate in state energy efficiency and demand response programs
News & Insights
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.27.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.27.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 07.23.2023
- Pullman & Comley Serves as Counsel to The Torrington Water Company in Merger with Aquarion Water Company03.08.2022
- 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT, 10.31.2023
- Huntington Place, Detroit, MI, August 9 - 10, 2023
- The Hartford Club, 46 Prospect Street, Hartford, CT, 06.21.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 01.08.2024
- DEEP Issues Draft Guidance on Siting Solar Projects on Agricultural Lands: Virtual Public Meeting on August 16; Written Comments Accepted through August 3008.15.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.29.2021
- My Business is Using Less Power Due to COVID-19; Why is My Electric Bill So High? Things You Can Do to Lower Your Bill04.29.2020
- Lee D. Hoffman Profiled as One of The George Washington University Law School's Outstanding Alumni of the Past 50 YearsThe George Washington University Law School Environmental and Energy Law Perspectives, 12.01.2019
- Connecticut Public Utility Authority Approves Grandfathering of Net Metering After Feed-In Tariff Approval and Encourages Year 8 LREC/ZREC09.21.2018
- Hartford Business Journal's CT Green Guide, Spring 2016
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 03.07.2016
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 03.24.2015
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 12.29.2014
- Connecticut Green Guide, Winter 2014
- Connecticut Green Guide, Fall 2013
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 07.15.2013
- Connecticut Green Guide, 10.18.2012
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 07.13.2012
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 11.07.2011
Our environmental lawyers have represented an energy project developer that had its project rejected due to stormwater permitting concerns. Pullman’s environmental team worked with the developer and Connecticut’s environmental regulators to renew that permit application and bring the project into development. Since beginning construction, the project has received favorable comments from Connecticut’s regulators.
Our energy team succeeded in gaining regulatory approval of an innovative thermal heating loop powered by fuel cell technology that will provide clean, reliable local electrical generation to an urban grid in Connecticut’s largest municipality. In addition, the thermal loop that the fuel cell powers will provide cogenerated thermal energy to local establishments allowing them to retire old, inefficient boilers.
Clean Feet Investors is a Connecticut- based investment fund dedicated to investing in green energy projects. Our attorneys were retained by Clean Feet to assist in its investment activity.