Pullman & Comley’s Energy Procurement and Use practice focuses on helping clients procure and use energy more efficiently and cost effectively. This practice utilizes our extensive knowledge and experience in wholesale and retail energy markets, as well as renewable energy, distributed generation, combined heat and power (CHP) systems, and demand side management techniques and products.
Our clients include large industrial and commercial consumers of energy and consumer groups, as well as real estate developers and property managers. Our clients have experienced significant savings by procuring energy in the competitive energy market and participating in clean energy, energy conservation and demand management programs. Our clients also help consumers to conserve energy and avoid demand charges through the installation of efficient lighting and smart appliances and motors, as well as on-site distributed generation. We have also helped clients navigate the intricacies of Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) creation and trading and participation in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Climate Leaders Program.
Representation of large consumers and consumer groups in the competitive procurement and negotiation of contracts, demand-side management and conservation services to meet their energy needs
Representation of municipal utility in negotiation of power supply and unit power agreements
Representation of consumers in billing and power contract disputes
Representation of clients in the creation and sale of RECs, Green Tags and White Tags
Representation of demand-side energy service providers in obtaining approval to participate in state energy efficiency and demand response programs
News & Insights
- Pullman & Comley Serves as Counsel to The Torrington Water Company in Merger with Aquarion Water Company03.08.2022
- FOX 61, 11.14.2021
- WSHU Public Radio - NPR News, 04.21.2021
- WSHU Public Radio Interviews Lee Hoffman on How Transmission Upgrades in Biden Infrastructure Proposal Will Support New England Clean Energy GoalsWSHU Public Radio - NPR News, 04.20.2021
- Farmington Gardens, 999 Farmington Ave Farmington , Connecticut, 10.12.2022
- Elicit Brewing Company and Beer Garden, Manchester, CT, 06.07.2022
- The Hartford Club, 46 Prospect Street, Hartford, CT 06103, 05.17.2022
- Hartford Business Journal, 11.29.2021
- PRESS RELEASE: Pullman & Comley Attorney Lee Hoffman Appointed Chair of CBIA’s Energy & Environment Council12.22.2021
Our environmental lawyers have represented an energy project developer that had its project rejected due to stormwater permitting concerns. Pullman’s environmental team worked with the developer and Connecticut’s environmental regulators to renew that permit application and bring the project into development. Since beginning construction, the project has received favorable comments from Connecticut’s regulators.
Our energy team succeeded in gaining regulatory approval of an innovative thermal heating loop powered by fuel cell technology that will provide clean, reliable local electrical generation to an urban grid in Connecticut’s largest municipality. In addition, the thermal loop that the fuel cell powers will provide cogenerated thermal energy to local establishments allowing them to retire old, inefficient boilers.
Clean Feet Investors is a Connecticut- based investment fund dedicated to investing in green energy projects. Our attorneys were retained by Clean Feet to assist in its investment activity.