Pullman & Comley’s Real Estate practice advises clients on all aspects of real estate acquisitions and sales. Our clients include banks and health care institutions, regulated utilities, real estate investors, corporate property owners and developers. We work closely with other practice areas within the firm, including the Environmental Law and Litigation practice in managing environmental risk and complying with the Connecticut Transfer Act.
- Supervised complicated title searches and managed the transfer of more than 100 parcels of land from a state entity to a newly-formed state authority
- Assisted with the acquisition, remediation, and development of an arts magnet school, a branch of a university, parking garages and streetscapes, and the restoration and expansion of a 3,000 seat historic theater. The work includes the acquisition of some sites through eminent domain and the negotiation of funding from public entities.
- Representation of regulated utility in the acquisition of its operations center for over $11 million
- Representation of petroleum distributor in the sale of a bulk oil storage facility
- Representation of an auto dealer in the acquisition, development and financing of a $30 million automobile dealership in Massachusetts and an $80 million acquisition of five high-end automobile franchises in the Boston suburbs
- Representation of a family partnership in the sale of a garden apartment portfolio in Greenwich, Connecticut for $223 million
- Representation of developer in assembling and acquisition of more than 600 acres for a residential/golf course development
News & Insights
- New Haven Register, 07.24.2023
- Hartford Business Journal, 07.10.2023
- Eyewitness News 3; Hartford Business Journal; NBC Connecticut; News 8; The Register Citizen, 02.02.2023
With the assistance of Pullman & Comley attorneys, Sacred Heart University purchased the 66-acre former General Electric world headquarters in Fairfield, Connecticut.
An interdisciplinary team of our Government Finance and Real Estate attorneys represented Forstone Capital in the renovation of McLevy Square, a four building, half-acre, historic site located in the heart of downtown Bridgeport overlooking McLevy Green, the city’s downtown public green space.