The Town Governments, Departments and Authorities practice group at Pullman & Comley offers a wide range of legal services to assist municipalities with their unique responsibilities and challenges.
Pullman & Comley’s attorneys have been involved as volunteers and elected officials at the municipal, state and federal levels, giving us a practical perspective in representing our clients.
Members of the firm’s Town Governments, Departments and Authorities practice currently serve as town counsel and special counsel to several municipalities providing representation on issues ranging from interpretation and revision of charters and ordinances to labor and employment matters, zoning and land use planning and compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Providing Valuable Resources to Municipalities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Connecticut municipalities have come to rely upon Pullman & Comley for a full range of legal services and advice. As the coronavirus continues, we recognize the additional pressure placed on local governments and the numerous issues they face related to opening schools safely, COVID-19 vaccines and the workplace, assistance with applications for federal funding and potentially lasting cuts to education and infrastructure.
We invite you to subscribe to our blogs, which may provide you with additional guidance on a number of key topics:
- Working Together provides commentary and insights from the attorneys of Pullman & Comley’s Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Law practice on workplace topics including labor and employment law, counseling and training, litigation, immigration law and union issues, as well as employee benefits and ERISA matters; and
- Education Law Notes covers legal matters that pertain to public school districts, private schools, colleges and universities ranging from issues in academics, labor and employment and gender equality to disability rights, social media, bullying and administrative policies and procedures.
Visit our website’s Covid-19 Resource page for links to the latest alerts and webinars providing guidance on key issues of concern to municipalities and other clients.
To ensure that you receive invites to upcoming webinars and mailings on key topics, please register to be added to our mailing list.
News & Insights
- The Bristol Press, 02.14.2023
- Pullman & Comley Assists East Hartford with Development and Tax Agreements for New Market-Rate ApartmentsJournal Inquirer, 02.16.2022
- Pullman & Comley Attorneys Quoted in Fairfield County Business Journal on New Adult-Use Cannabis Policy in CTFairfield County Business Journal, 10.16.2021
- Mystic Marriott Hotel, Groton, 11.18.2022
- The Farms Country Club, Wallingford, Connecticut, 11.17.2022
- Inn at Middletown, 70 Main Street, Middletown, CT, 11.10.2022
- Freedom of Information Act Author Mark Sommaruga to Speak at Connecticut Conference of Municipalities ConferenceMohegan Sun, 11.01.2022
- Zoom Webinar, 08.31.2022
- Connecticut DCP Clarifies that Municipalities with Fewer than 25,000 Residents Can Host One Licensed Retail Cannabis Facility and One Micro Cultivation Facility12.16.2021
- Increased Investor & Rating Agency Interest in Cybersecurity and Climate Change Disclosure in Municipal Bond Issuances11.16.2021
- UConn’s Connecticut Brownfields Initiative to Provide Support to Municipal Entities and Others Who Are Seeking EPA Brownfield Assessment and Cleanup Grants06.18.2021
- Executive Order 10E and the Municipal Budget Process in 2021: Similar (But Not Quite Back) to "Normal"04.13.2021
- Governor Lamont Declares Continuing State of Emergency, Extends Executive Emergency Powers Through February 9, 202109.04.2020
- Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7OOO dated August 21, 2020 Extends Eviction Moratorium to October 1, 2020 and Increases Funding for Housing Assistance Programs08.31.2020
Pullman & Comley attorneys have been closely monitoring the legal implications for businesses, municipalities, educational institutions and other organizations of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and have been responding to a broad range of client questions. For your reference, we have summarized recent publications and blog posts authored by our attorneys here: FOCUS: Responding to COVID-19.