The Town Governments, Departments and Authorities practice group at Pullman & Comley offers a wide range of legal services to assist municipalities with their unique responsibilities and challenges.
Pullman & Comley’s attorneys have been involved as volunteers and elected officials at the municipal, state and federal levels, giving us a practical perspective in representing our clients.
Members of the firm’s Town Governments, Departments and Authorities practice currently serve as town counsel and special counsel to several municipalities providing representation on issues ranging from interpretation and revision of charters and ordinances to labor and employment matters, zoning and land use planning and compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Providing Valuable Resources to Municipalities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Connecticut municipalities have come to rely upon Pullman & Comley for a full range of legal services and advice. As the coronavirus continues, we recognize the additional pressure placed on local governments and the numerous issues they face related to opening schools safely, COVID-19 vaccines and the workplace, assistance with applications for federal funding and potentially lasting cuts to education and infrastructure.
We invite you to subscribe to our blogs, which may provide you with additional guidance on a number of key topics:
- Working Together provides commentary and insights from the attorneys of Pullman & Comley’s Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Law practice on workplace topics including labor and employment law, counseling and training, litigation, immigration law and union issues, as well as employee benefits and ERISA matters; and
- Education Law Notes covers legal matters that pertain to public school districts, private schools, colleges and universities ranging from issues in academics, labor and employment and gender equality to disability rights, social media, bullying and administrative policies and procedures.
Visit our website’s Covid-19 Resource page for links to the latest alerts and webinars providing guidance on key issues of concern to municipalities and other clients. A recent sampling of these include:
WORKING TOGETHER: EEOC Issues Guidance on Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates – December 18, 2020
To ensure that you receive invites to upcoming webinars and mailings on key topics, please register to be added to our mailing list.
News & Insights
- Hartford Courant, 03.08.2020
- demio Webinar, 04.20.2020
- Governor Lamont Declares Continuing State of Emergency, Extends Executive Emergency Powers Through February 9, 202109.04.2020
- Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7OOO dated August 21, 2020 Extends Eviction Moratorium to October 1, 2020 and Increases Funding for Housing Assistance Programs08.31.2020
- Revised Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection Standards Require Municipal Police Departments to Immediately Amend Their Use of Force Policies06.19.2020
- All in on Al Fresco? What Municipalities Need to Consider as Connecticut Moves to Expand Outside Dining Under COVID-19 Executive Order 7MM05.13.2020
- Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7JJ Permits Certain Municipal Non-Budgetary Actions Without In-Person Voting if the Actions are Deemed Essential05.08.2020
- Executive Order 7W Extends Tax Relief Programs to Quasi-Municipal Corporations and Revises Tax Relief Time Periods04.14.2020
- Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7I Offers Local Budget and Deadline Clarification Amidst COVID-1903.23.2020