Attorneys in our Family Law Practice handled Connecticut’s seminal Supreme Court case that determined that spouses may execute a contract after their marriage has taken place that establishes the rules that will govern in the event their union breaks down. We have assembled these attorneys on our team so that we can offer you this considerable talent and depth regarding postnuptial agreements.
These contracts are coined "postnuptial agreements,” and although similar in application to prenuptial agreements, have unique nuances because they are executed after a couple is married. Circumstances often change during a marriage and postnuptial agreements can be an effective tool to help couples manage issues that may arise in the event of dissolution.
In the drafting of a postnuptial agreement, you want an attorney that understands the complexity and specific nuances of a postnuptial agreement, so that it is ultimately enforceable by a court. Our team, including attorneys who helped make the law, are well situated to this task.
News & Insights
- WTF Divorce Podcast, 06.16.2022
- The Divorce Resouce Guy Podcast, 05.25.2022
- Authority Magazine, 04.28.2022
- Litchfield Magazine, 12.21.2021
- Omni Parker House (Beacon Hill) 60 School Street, Boston, MA, 04.29.2023
- 100 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, Connecticut, 06.13.2022
- Connecticut Bar Journal , Fall 2022, Volume 94 Nos. 1 & 2
Pullman’s Family Law team was recognized at the 2022 Connecticut Legal Awards celebration with the “Specialty Litigation Department of the Year” award.