Jon T. Kukucka focuses his practice on family law and represents clients in cases involving dissolution of marriage, pre-and postnuptial agreements, property division, alimony, parental relocation, child custody, visitation and child support. Jon has substantial first-chair trial and appellate experience and has been counsel on many appeals to the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts. He has served as a Special Master in the judicial districts of Hartford, New Britain and Middlesex.
Jon has written on the topic of family law in Developments in Connecticut Family Law 2008, 2009 and 2010, and was a contributing author to A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut, a MCLE New England publication authored by many leading family law practitioners in Connecticut.
Connecticut Bar Association
Hartford Bar Associaiton
Honors & Recognitions
Connecticut Bar Association - Family Law Section Rising Star
Named to the Super Lawyers "Connecticut Rising Stars" list in the areas of family law and appellate from 2013 - 2016
Recipient of the Connecticut Law Tribune's "New Leader in the Law" award for 2013
Successfully aided in the briefing and prosecution of numerous matrimonial law cases of first impression in the Connecticut Supreme Court, including those establishing:
- The operative definition of property for the equitable distribution of assets. Mickey v. Mickey, 292 Conn. 597 (2009)
- The recognition of postnuptial agreements in the state. Bedrick v. Bedrick, 300 Conn. 691 (2011)
- The parameters for child support in high income cases. Dowling v. Szymczak, 309 Conn. 390 (2013)
News & Insights
- PRESS RELEASE: Pullman & Comley Attorneys Named to 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists10.19.2015
Pullman's Family Law Practice remains at the leading edge of Connecticut matrimonial law, regularly litigating, mediating, arbitrating, and defending and prosecuting appeals involving the most complex financial and child custody related dissolutions of marriage actions in the state.
The Connecticut Supreme Court heard only four family law cases in 2016. Of those cases, Pullman & Comley’s Family Law attorneys argued, and were victorious, in two.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Connecticut Superior Court
- Law Clerk - Honorable Francis M. McDonald
- Law Clerk - Honorable Robert I. Berdon, Connecticut Appellate Court
University of Connecticut, B.A. magna cum laude
Roger Williams University, School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude