Thomas S. Lambert, an associate practicing in Pullman & Comley's Litigation department, represents clients looking for high-quality, hands-on solutions to their litigation challenges. Tom regularly advises and assists clients in reaching resolution of their litigation matters through zealous courtroom advocacy. Tom has a wide range of experience in representing individuals, businesses, fiduciaries, and municipal clients in both state and federal court. He represents clients in all phases of litigation, and in all manner of practice areas, including commercial litigation, insurance coverage disputes, complex personal injury and insurance defense, transportation, municipal liability, construction, products liability and in appellate matters. Tom has successfully defended numerous cases to their conclusion, regularly resolving cases through dispositive motion practice, including numerous reported decisions and "zero dollar resolutions," settlement negotiation and mediation, arbitration, trial, and appellate briefing and argument.
Prior to joining Pullman & Comley, Tom gained valuable litigation experience as an associate at a prominent litigation-boutique firm in Connecticut, where he spent nearly six years representing clients in court, mediations, depositions, and through extensive legal writing. Through this prior experience, Tom also became familiar with the insurance and property casualty industries, having worked with many different insurance carriers. During law school, Tom served as an intern in the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut under U.S. Magistrate Judge William Garfinkel. He was a senior editor of Wake Forest School of Law's Journal of Law & Policy and the runner up in the Carolina regional for the American Association of Justice (AAJ) National Trial Team Competition.
Tom has also dedicated himself to the practice of law, both within the firm and in the Fairfield County area, where he was born and raised. Since 2019, Tom has served as the Chair of the Civil Litigation Committee of the Fairfield County Bar Association. Tom was elected to the FCBA’s Board of Directors in 2020. Tom maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting clients with their litigation needs. Also within the community, Tom routinely participates in firm volunteer activities, in addition to supporting his church and the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Fairfield County Bar Association – Board of Directors; Chair, Civil Litigation Committee
Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association - Young Lawyers Committee
Connecticut Bar Association
Federal Bar Council – First Decade Committee
Stamford Public Education Foundation - mentor
Honors & Recognitions
Named to the Super Lawyers "Connecticut Rising Stars" since 2018 in the area of civil litigation: defense
- From 2013-2016, was the associate responsible for all Connecticut litigation arising out of the May 2013 Metro-North train derailment in Bridgeport, Connecticut, a mass tory resulting in over 100 claims and lawsuits from nearly 60 plaintiffs in Connecticut.
- In 2017, assisted in the successful defense through trial of what is believed to be the first spray polyurethane foam (SPF) product liability case tried in the country.
- In 2017, successfully briefed and argued the defense of an appeal taken from a dismissal in favor of a client on an issue of personal jurisdiction.
- Developed strategy and coordinated defense among defense bar for diminution of value claims for property damage.
News & Insights
- GoTo Meeting Webinar, 09.15.2020