Developments in Labor and Employment Law
Our annual Labor & Employment Law seminar in Hartford offered our perspective on developments over the past year and what to expect in 2018.
Thursday, December 7, 2017
8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The Hartford Club
46 Prospect Street
The full seminar agenda can be found here.
Some of the topics the Labor & Employment attorneys discussed included:
- The Impact of the Recently Passed State Budget and Legislative Developments Affecting Private and Public Employers
- Substances - Legal and Illegal - In the Workplace
- When the Government Comes Knocking: What to Expect from DOL or OSHA Audits
- From Roger Ailes to Travis Kalanick to Harvey Weinstein: The Consequences of Not Taking Sexual Harassment Seriously
- Hiring Issues: Ban-the-Box, Credit Checks, Background Checks, Interviewing
- Five Connecticut Employment Statutes You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Workplace Investigations
- ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, Sick Leave
- Employee Benefits Update: What You Still Have to Do to Comply with ACA
Recommended conference attendees include:
- Business Owners and Others Who Manage Employees
- Human Resources Professionals
- In-House Counsel
- Accountants and Financial Advisors
- Benefits and Compensation Practitioners
- No prerequisite required
- No advanced preparation required; attendees will receive additional materials at the seminar
- Seminar is open to both private and public sector employers
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group Live
- Seminar participants can earn up to five CPE credits in Business Law
- Connecticut CLE credits are also available
- There is no fee to attend. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 203-330-2059.
Pullman & Comley, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org