Our immigration practice extends to nearly every facet of how to lawfully enter, live, work, study, and invest in the United States. We also draw on the firm’s experience in areas such as employment law, export control, criminal defense, corporate transactions, and taxation to provide our clients with cross-disciplinary advice on their wider immigration-related matters. Examples of our successful engagements include:
- Obtaining work visas for skilled employees in categories such as H-1B, TN, and J-1
- Advising on L-1 visas and other transfers of personnel to the United States from foreign offices
- Obtaining visas for those seeking to invest in the United States, whether by starting new businesses or expanding into the country from abroad
- Filing permanent residence petitions, whether business- or family-based
- Counseling educational institutions on visa programs, faculty immigration, export compliance, and other immigration topics, including outstanding professor green card petitions and compliance with student visa rules during the coronavirus outbreak
- Advising on I-9 processes, audits, and general immigration-related human resources compliance
- Advising on the immigration consequences of criminal conduct
- Counseling corporate clients on the effect of a merger or corporate reorganization on the immigration status of a company's foreign workers
- Counseling corporate clients on the effect of a merger or corporate reorganization on the immigration status of a company’s foreign workers
We counsel businesses, universities and hospitals with extensive immigration-law needs and large foreign workforces, smaller organizations needing counseling on single hires, human resources departments looking for compliance support, and individuals seeking to immigrate to or work in the United States on business or family grounds. We also welcome inquiries from other attorneys seeking immigration-related support for their clients in investment, education, criminal, family, and tax matters.
News & Insights
- GoTo Meeting Webinar, 03.27.2020
Our attorneys routinely advise our clients on best practices to meet the challenges presented by dramatic changes in labor and employment laws.
Our Immigration Practice shares insights regarding recruiting foreign-national technology graduates, and has spoken on prospective changes in immigration law before the Connecticut Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Section.