Margaret A. Bartiromo focuses her practice primarily on health care law and employment law.
Physician groups, hospitals and other providers look to Margaret for advice on a broad range of business, governance and regulatory matters, including risk management and HIPAA compliance. Margaret also drafts and reviews physician employment agreements and works with providers to appeal Medicaid audit findings.
In the employment field, Margaret's broad experience includes counseling national, regional and local clients on a wide variety of matters, such as hiring, wage and hour issues, performance management and discipline, employment policies and manuals, discrimination and harassment, and non-competition and other restrictive covenants. She also drafts and negotiates offer letters, employment agreements and separation agreements and provides practical advice on the day-to-day issues that arise in the employer-employee relationship.
Additionally, Margaret is called on to counsel advertising agencies, sales promotion agencies, entertainment companies and national advertisers on the design, structure and execution of contests, sweepstakes and other games of chance, and she reviews advertising claims for legal compliance.
Within the firm, Margaret is a frequent contributor to the Working Together and Connecticut Health Law blogs due to her ability to clearly articulate the impact of laws on clients and their businesses.
SEPTA - Fairfield Special Education, PTA Inc.
News & Insights
- Governor Lamont Orders Mandatory COVID-19 Testing of All Nursing Home and Assisted Living Agency Employees06.03.2020
- More Money for Hospitals and Other COVID-19 Caregivers: Federal Provider Relief Fund Replenished and Disbursement Begins04.24.2020
- Connecticut Allows New Telehealth Capabilities and Further Expands Clinical Workforce in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic04.24.2020
- Executive Order Limiting Liability for Connecticut Providers Responding to COVID-19 Grants Protections for Health Care Professionals and Hospitals Grappling With Pandemic04.05.2020
- Connecticut Further Expands Coverage of Telehealth Services During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency03.20.2020
- Connecticut Colleges and Universities Should Develop Opioid Antagonist Policies Now So They Can Be Approved and in Place By January 2020 Deadline09.18.2019
“Access Health CT” is the business name and registered trademark for the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange – the state’s health insurance marketplace established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Most consumers recognize Access Health CT by the bright yellow and orange logo used to introduce the Exchange to the public, but some individuals search for the Exchange on the Internet using terms such as: “Connecticut insurance exchange” or “CT health insurance exchange.”
Our attorneys routinely advise our clients on best practices to meet the challenges presented by dramatic changes in labor and employment laws.
Our Health Care attorneys counsel hospitals and physicians dealing with these economic pressures and represent physician groups and hospital systems in negotiating merger and asset acquisition agreements and employment and independent contractor agreements.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Columbia University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, M.A.
Hunter College of the City University of New York, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa