Pullman & Comley’s Real Estate practice counsels clients on all matters related to real estate financing transactions. We serve local institutional lenders as well as national and global banks, brokerage companies, investment banking groups, venture capitalists and insurance companies.
- Counsel to lead lender in a multi-bank $44 million condominium construction loan in Stamford, Connecticut
- Negotiated an extensive interlocal agreement between an improvement district and a city relating to a tax sharing arrangement and the development and maintenance of project infrastructure. To facilitate the bond financing, our attorneys represented the district in the acquisition of four parcels of land to be used as public parks
- Counsel to lender in refinance of a portfolio of 11 loans secured and cross‑collateralized by 11 properties in downtown Stamford in an aggregate loan amount in excess of $23 million
- Representation of lender in construction/permanent loan in an amount in excess of $12 million for construction of grocery store leased to a national retailer in which the collateral for loan was a mortgage on a long-term ground sublease
- Regular representation of lender in its participation in large syndicated real estate loans made nationally, including representation in (i) a two-bank permanent loan in the amount of $52 million secured by single tenant retail building in Times Square in New York, and (ii) multi-bank loan in the amount of $110 million secured by office building in Virginia fully leased to the U.S. government
- Regular representation of community finance arm of a large national banking institution, including (i) loans financed in part by New Market Tax Credits for historic theater complex in Bridgeport, Connecticut; and (ii) $44 million condominium construction loan in Stamford, Connecticut
- Counsel to bank as co-lender in connection with a commercial loan of more than $42 million to finance the construction of a mixed-use development for use by Yale-New Haven Hospital in connection with its new Smilow Cancer Hospital project
- Representation of lender in refinancing transaction for Boston-area apartment buildings consisting of more than 330 units
News & Insights
- New England Real Estate Journal, 05.28.2021
- Hartford Business Journal and New Haven BIZZ, 01.01.2021
- CFO.com, 11.05.2020
- Connecticut CARES Small Business Grant Program Created to Help Small Businesses and Non-Profits Recover from Challenges of COVID-19 Pandemic10.29.2020
- Hartford Business Journal, 06.01.2020
Our Real Estate practice successfully represented a local savings bank in connection with a non-revolving multiple tranche line of credit to the owner of Goodwin Square, an historic office building in downtown Hartford.
Members of Pullman & Comley's Real Estate practice assisted the Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC) in leasing more than 110,000 square feet in Hartford Square North, located at 10 Columbus Boulevard in downtown Hartford.
With the assistance of Pullman & Comley attorneys, Sacred Heart University purchased the 66-acre former General Electric world headquarters in Fairfield, Connecticut.