Please Join Us: Developments in Labor & Employment Law Seminar
Pullman & Comley's Labor & Employment Law seminar for public and private sector employers offers key insights on the labor and employment law issues facing you in 2020.
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. - Presentations and Lunch
Red Lion Hotel
100 Berlin Rd
Cromwell, CT 06416
To register, please call (860) 424-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics of discussion will include:
- At-Will Employment vs. Just Cause
- Employee Handbooks
- Independent Contractors and Employee Misclassification Issues
- Hiring Issues: Ban-the-Box, Credit Checks, Background Checks, Interviewing
- ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, Sick Leave
- Sexual Harassment: New Training and Policy Requirements
- Connecticut Legislative Update: New Developments in 2019
- Employee Benefits Update
- Substances – Legal and Illegal – In the Workplace
- Workplace Investigations
Recommended conference attendees include:
- Business Owners and Others Who Manage Employees
- Human Resources Professionals
- In-House Counsel
- Accountants and Financial Advisors
- Benefits and Compensation Practitioners
- No prerequisite required
- No advanced preparation required; attendees will receive additional materials at the seminar
- Seminar is open to both private and public sector employers
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group Live
- Seminar participants can earn up to five CPE credits in Business Law
- Connecticut CLE credits are also available
- There is no fee to attend. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Invitation non-transferable. You must register to attend, as space is limited.
Pullman & Comley, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.