Chambers 2023 Recognizes Pullman & Comley Attorneys and Practice Areas
BRIDGEPORT, CT, June 8, 2023: The law firm of Pullman & Comley, LLC earned six practice area rankings in this year’s Chambers USA, a leading business guide to the legal profession recognized worldwide for its detailed research and review process.
In addition, 10 of the firm’s individual attorneys were recognized in the 2023 guide: nine within the Connecticut practice listings and Judge Robert L. Holzberg (Ret.) in the national category for mediators for the second consecutive year. This honor is particularly notable because Judge Holzberg is one of just 47 mediators selected in this category nationwide.
The ten individual attorneys recognized include David P. Atkins (Litigation: General Commercial); Stephen M. Cowherd (Healthcare); Andrew C. Glassman (Corporate/M&A); Nancy A. D. Hancock (Corporate/M&A); Joshua Hawks-Ladds (Labor & Employment); Lee D. Hoffman (Environment); Judge Robert L. Holzberg (Ret.) (Mediators — USA); Gary B. O’Connor (Environment); Jonathan B. Orleans (Labor & Employment); and James T. Shearin (Litigation: General Commercial).
For 2023, the firm was recognized in six practice areas recognized in Connecticut including: Corporate/M&A, Environment, Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate.
- The Corporate/M&A practice was noted for advising companies on a broad range of business law needs, including notably advising on M&A and project finance. It was also recognized for expert representation of emerging companies, alongside its advice to venture capitalists and private equity funds.
- For the sixth straight year, the firm’s Environmental practice was ranked in Band 1 and praised for its strong performance across a range of matters including brownfield remediations and enforcement defense, in addition to its particular experience advising on large-scale renewable energy projects, such as solar power plants, and relationships with developers.
- The Healthcare practice was recognized for its extensive experience of handling complex transactions in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, which includes advising on acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as negotiating hospital affiliation agreements. The practice was also acknowledged for its governmental audits and regulatory compliance proficiency.
- The firm’s Labor & Employment practice was described as having strength in depth across the labor and employment space, handling a variety of contentious and noncontentious matters for a range of public and private sector clients, including education and local government sectors.
- Areas within the Commercial Litigation practice that were highlighted include cases in state and federal courts, creditors' rights, bankruptcy and financial restructurings, construction litigation and professional malpractice litigation.
- The Real Estate practice was noted for advising financial institutions, real estate companies and state and municipal agencies, handling sophisticated financing transactions and lease negotiations, and frequently representing both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations. The team was praised for being well versed in land use law, such as site planning, brownfield redevelopments and wetlands approval.
Chambers USA ranks the top lawyers and law firms across all the United States and its rankings are assessed by their experienced team of Chambers researchers. To read more about Chambers, the firm and individual rankings, please access the Chambers site by visiting www.chambers.com.
About Pullman & Comley
Pullman & Comley is one of Connecticut’s largest law firms and, for more than 100 years, has provided a wide range of legal services to clients in the New England region, as well as throughout the United States and internationally. Pullman & Comley’s major practice areas include business organizations and finance; government finance; health care; labor, employment law and employee benefits; litigation; property tax and valuation; real estate, energy, environmental and land use; and trusts and estates. The firm has offices in Bridgeport, Hartford, Waterbury and Westport, Connecticut; White Plains, New York; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Wakefield, Rhode Island. The firm is an active member of the Law Firm Alliance, an international affiliation of law firms. For more information, please visit www.pullcom.com.