Chambers 2020 Recognizes Pullman & Comley Attorneys and Practice Areas
The law firm of Pullman & Comley, LLC earned six practice area rankings in Chambers USA, a leading business guide to the legal profession recognized worldwide for its detailed research and review process. Thirteen of the firm’s individual attorneys were recognized as well.
For 2020, the firm was acknowledged in all practice areas recognized in Connecticut including: Corporate/M&A, Environment, Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate.
- For the third straight year, the firm’s Environmental practice was ranked in Band 1 and praised for its experience advising large-scale renewable energy projects including solar power plants.
- Areas within the Litigation practice that were highlighted include construction litigation, professional malpractice litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- The Healthcare practice was recognized for its extensive experience handling complex transactions in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, including advising on acquisitions and joint ventures as well as negotiating hospital affiliation agreements.
- The Real Estate practice was noted for handling sophisticated financing transactions and advising financial institutions, real estate companies and state and municipal agencies on a diverse range of real estate matters.
- The firm’s Labor & Employment practice was cited for the variety of contentious and non-contentious matters handled for public and private sectors and its experience in representing education and government entities, as well as employee benefits matters.
- The Corporate/M&A practice was noted for advising on M&A and project finance matters, its work in both the traditional and alternative energy spaces and its representation of emerging companies, venture capitalists and private equity funds.
In addition, thirteen individual attorneys were recognized, including David P. Atkins (Litigation: General Commercial); Stephen M. Cowherd (Healthcare); Andrew C. Glassman (Corporate/M&A); Nancy A. D. Hancock (Corporate/M&A); Joshua Hawks-Ladds (Labor & Employment); Lee D. Hoffman (Environment); John J. Kindl (Real Estate); Gary O’Connor (Environment); Jonathan B. Orleans (Labor & Employment); Michael G. Proctor (Real Estate); and James T. Shearin (Litigation: General Commercial).
Two of the firm’s attorneys, Andrew A. Glickson (Real Estate); and Christopher P. McCormack (Environment), are being honored posthumously, reflecting their high caliber of work during the past year.
Chambers USA ranks the top lawyers and law firms across all the United States and its rankings are assessed by their experienced team of Chambers researchers. To read more about Chambers, the firm and individual rankings, please access the Chambers site by visiting www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Pullman & Comley
Pullman & Comley celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019 and is one of Connecticut’s largest firms, providing a wide range of legal services to clients in the New England region, as well as throughout the United States and internationally. Pullman & Comley’s major practice areas include business organizations and finance; environmental and land use; government finance; health care; labor, employment law and employee benefits; litigation and alternative dispute resolution; family law; property tax and valuation; real estate; regulatory, energy and telecommunications; and trusts and estates. The firm has offices in Bridgeport, Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury and Westport Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts; and White Plains, New York. The firm is an active member of the Law Firm Alliance, an international affiliation of law firms. For more information, please visit www.pullcom.com