Cannabis in Connecticut: New Opportunities and Challenges for Businesses, Municipalities and Employers in our Growing Recreational Industry
The legalization of recreational cannabis has opened up an exciting new market in Connecticut. But as with any new industry, there are a host of regulations and legal issues to navigate in pursuing the opportunities.
Join the attorneys of our Cannabis, CBD and Hemp practice for a webinar addressing a range of topics:
For businesses, new ventures and investors:
- What kinds of businesses does the expanded Cannabis industry offer? What type of license fits your plans?
- How should you choose partners? Investors? Vendors?
- What are “Disproportionately Impacted Areas” under the Connecticut law?
- Should you participate as, or partner with, a social equity applicant?
- What can you get started on today?
- What do you need to know about planning and zoning issues related to siting facilities? What is the process for issuing a moratorium on siting facilities?
- What is the tax revenue opportunity?
- Guidance on updating drug free workplace policies and employee handbooks
- Recommended changes to drug and alcohol testing policies in the pre-employment process and during employment
- Update on new employment protections for off duty use
- How to recognize and train your managers on signs of cannabis impairment
- Tips to make expectations clear and avoid legal exposure
The legislative process in Connecticut, and what Cannabis related developments we might expect in the 2022 session
Register here for this informative webinar. There will be time for Q&A following the presentations.