Attorney Jonathan Orleans Hosts "Employee Separation Agreements" Online Seminar
Pullman & Comley attorney Jonathan Orleans, chair of the Labor & Employment Law practice, hosted an interactive webinar, "Employee Separation Agreements: Protecting the Employer from Potential Claims and Liability," on March 22, 2016. The webinar was presented through the HR Webadvisor Group and was geared towards human resources professionals, in-house counsel, financial officers and more.
The webinar reviewed the OWBPA requirements in detail, and also discussed other common provisions of employee separation agreements (such as confidentiality and nondisparagement clauses), as well as issues that may arise when these agreements are subject to negotiation with counsel for the employee.
Discussion topics included:
- Assuring that the agreement is made knowingly and voluntarily
- Adequate consideration for the release
- Time requirements under OWBPA: time to think, and time to revoke
- Special rules for exit incentives and termination programs
- “Do I really have to advise the employee to consult an attorney?”
- Other provisions: confidentiality, nondisparagement, noncompetition, etc.
For more information, please click here.