Timothy G. Ronan is co-chair of the firm's Litigation Department. He practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and also chairs the Cybersecurity and Privacy practice.
Tim has represented clients in the federal and state courts and in domestic and international arbitrations on a wide variety of business issues including disputes arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale or purchase of business entities, contract disputes, securities, trade secret and unfair trade practice claims, privacy and cyber tort matters, technology and software disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes, corporate governance, and employment disputes. He also has extensive experience with matters involving product liability litigation, insurance coverage disputes and contested land use and real estate matters. Additionally, Tim serves as an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac Law School where he teaches a course on Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association - Federal Practice Section; Professional Discipline Committee; Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
Connecticut Judiciary Digital Evidence Committee
Fairfield County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association - Federal Bar Council
Honors & Recognitions
Named a Moffly Media Top Lawyer in Fairfield County, 2021 - Civil Law and Litigation
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent)
- Prosecuted and defended numerous business claims arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale and/or purchase of business entities
- Represented both individuals and business entities in a wide array of matters involving corporate governance, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Prosecuted and successfully resolved the intellectual property and trade secrets claims of a nationally known, Connecticut-based Internet services company
- Prosecuted numerous cybersquatting and cybersmearing claims and has written articles and lectured on this subject
- Successfully defended Connecticut-based software company against the unfair competition litigation commenced by its competitor
- Defended corporations, directors and officers in Connecticut class actions and derivative action securities litigation
News & Insights
- NBC Connecticut, 04.22.2022
- News 8 wtnh.com, NBC Connecticut, FOX 61, 04.05.2022
We successfully defend our clients in class action cases covering, product liability, RICO, ERISA, antitrust, consumer protection, insurance and securities.
As cybersecurity and data privacy have emerged as critical concerns for both large and small businesses, we have responded by providing broad-based cybersecurity counseling.
A common complaint of the business community is that the court system moves too slowly. But what happens when the system moves too fast? Our commercial litigators defended a large winter sports facility against just that risk.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1984; editor, The New York Law School Law Review
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1975