Working With Homeowners' Associations: What Every Vendor Needs to Know
Homeowners’ associations (HOAs) are complex organizations that need a wide variety of service providers to operate smoothly – everything from building repairs, pool maintenance, road repaving, and landscape design to banking, insurance, and accounting services. For HOA vendors, understanding how to build relationships with the right people is critical to developing long-term relationships and business success.
In this webinar led by Adam J. Cohen, chair of Pullman’s Community Associations practice and legal editor of Common Interest magazine, you’ll learn strategies to better understand partnering with HOAs, to avoid common pitfalls, and to predict and exceed their expectations. Joining Adam will be Matthew D. Glennon, a business organizations and finance attorney whose experience includes negotiating an array of vendor, supplier, and service provider contracts.
Topics discussed in the webinar include:
- Types of HOAs and who the decisionmakers are
- Ways to make the initial contact
- What your agreement with an HOA should and shouldn’t say
- How to promote your service within the HOA
- Special tax issues for HOA transactions
- How to avoid and handle disputes
- Tips on making the best impression
You can review the recording of this webinar here.