Working Together Webinar Series - Part VI: Management Tool Kit and Wage and Hour Update
The Pullman & Comley Labor & Employment Working Together Webinar Series is a six part program covering a variety of topics relating to labor and employment in the current climate.
In the sixth webinar of the series, Pullman & Comley attorneys Jonathan B. Orleans and Snigdha Mamillapalli provided an update on wage and hour laws including:
- The gig economy and the classification of workers as employees or independent contractors
- Wages and hours issues; overtime pay exemptions and other developments
Attorneys Megan Youngling Carannante and Zachary T. Zeid covered how to discipline and coach employees effectively to improve productivity and avoid legal exposure in an overview of a management tool kit. They also provided helpful tips on how management staff could:
- communicate more effectively with employees
- properly discipline when necessary
- draft and conduct employee evaluations
- deal with legal and personnel issues when they arise
Watch the full recording of the webinar here.