Mark Sommaruga to Address the Connecticut Council of Small Towns' at Annual Legislative Wrap-Up Session
Pullman & Comley attorney Mark J. Sommaruga will speak on the topic, "The General Assembly Has Spoken! Labor and Employment and Other Interesting Legislation" as part of the annual legislative wrap-up meeting of the Connecticut Council of Small Towns. During the presentation, Mark will highlight key bills that were approved, including bills related to COVID-19, bills that expand workers' rights and protections and workplace cannabis policies. He will also address a number of bills that were not approved, but nonetheless, are important to note.
The full webinar agenda includes the following topics and presenters:
- Welcoming Remarks - Betsy Gara, Executive Director, COST
- Budget Breakdown - Keith Phaneuf, CT Mirror
- Zoning, Housing & Land Use Legislation - Rich Roberts, Partner, Halloran Sage
- The General Assembly Has Spoken! Labor and Employment and Other Interesting Legislation - Mark Sommaruga, Member, Pullman & Comley
- Environmental Issues Update - Commissioner Katie Dykes, DEEP
The webinar, this year via Zoom, is a great opportunity for mayors, selectmen, town managers and other municipal officials to learn about new state laws and budget issues affecting municipalities.
Register Here for the event.