Working Together Webinar Series Part II: Laws and Issues to Watch in the New Year and Workplace Inclusion
Pullman & Comley's Labor & Employment law practice's 2021-2022 Working Together Webinar Series covers a variety of topics relating to human resources, labor and employment issues. Part II of the series took place on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, where our attorneys presented about new laws and issues Connecticut employers will face in 2022, as well as best practices in implementing diversity and inclusion training in the new year.
- A COVID-19 update (including a discussion of the CDC’s new isolation guidance and where things stand with OSHA’s vaccine/testing mandate)
- Connecticut’s new wage range disclosure requirements
- Connecticut’s new prohibition of age-based inquiries in the employment application process
- Frequently asked questions concerning the amendments to the CT Family Medical Leave Act and the CT new Paid Family Medical Leave law
- Suggestions for revisions in your employee handbook
- What Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training is and why it is important
- How to start a dialogue on DEI concepts in the workplace
- Developing cultural competency and implementing sustained organizational change
You can find a recording of this webinar on our Zoom page.
Dates and topics of additional webinars in this series are listed below. Each will run from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p.m. You may register for any webinar at this time; additional details for forthcoming webinars to follow.
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- Mental Health Disability Claims and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Trends and Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Updates
To register for the February 9 webinar, please visit our Zoom page.
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
- Public Sector Negotiations and Handling Grievances
- Trends and Recent Developments in the Area of Employee Benefits
To register for the March 9 webinar, please visit our Zoom page.
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
- Updates on Recreational Cannabis Laws
- Non-solicitation, Noncompete and Confidentiality Covenants
To register for the April 6 webinar, please visit our Zoom page.