Lauren C. Davies’s common sense approach to the preservation of wealth for families and understanding of the complexities of estate planning and administration distinguish her among her peers. She counsels her clients, including families, high net-worth individuals, business owners and banking institutions, in estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate litigation, succession planning, and more.
Lauren is known for her ability to distill complex planning or probate strategies into understandable terms. Whether she’s helping a client navigate the loss of a loved one or discussing the best way to preserve wealth for future generations of a family, Lauren’s empathy and devotion to her clients is evident. She regularly works with the attorneys in our family law practice and other disciplines across the firm to provide her clients with access to legal services across a breadth of practice areas.
In addition to her experience in estate planning and estate administration, Lauren has broad experience in civil litigation, federal practice, arbitration, real estate and probate litigation. Her litigation experience lends valuable guidance to fiduciaries and beneficiaries through complex trust and estate matters and in navigating the legal system when an institutional action is required.
Lauren is an avid sailor and enjoys spending time on or near the water. She lives in Fairfield, CT with her husband and their three children.
She has been selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Estate Planning & Probate since 2015.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association – Member of Trusts & Estates Section
Estate Planning Council of Lower Fairfield County
Fairfield County Bar Association
The Milford Yacht Club - Board of Directors
Honors & Recognitions
Named a Moffly Media Top Lawyer in Fairfield County, 2021 - Wills
Named to the Super Lawyers "Connecticut Rising Stars" list since 2015 in the area of Estate Planning & Trust Litigation
- Estate planning for high-net-worth individuals including corporate executives and family business owners
- Develop and implement estate plans for domestic and international clients designed to minimize federal and state gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes and to facilitate effective and efficient distribution of assets
- Supervise the probate and tax administration of Connecticut domiciliary and ancillary decedents’ estates and trusts
- Supervise the estate settlement of multi-million dollar probate estates
- Represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in probate matters
- Develop and implement estate plans designed to benefit charitable causes
- Develop and implement Connecticut pet trusts
- Draft irrevocable trusts to meet clients' asset protection or other needs
- Estate planning for a dual citizen with only foreign beneficiaries
- Amend an irrevocable trust by “decanting” it under New York law
- Estate planning for a business owner with a blended family and a need for asset-protection planning
- Estate planning for clients after divorce or loss
- Estate planning for elderly clients at their assisted living facilities
- Terminate charitable trusts and distribute the trust assets to the named charities
News & Insights
- Greenwich, New Canaan/Darien + Rowayton, Stamford, Westport and At Home Magazines, 03.2021
- The Fairfield County Hunt Club, 174 Long Lots Rd, Westport, CT 06880, 09.21.2022
- The CARES Act and the Expansion of Charitable Contribution Deductions for Individuals and Corporations04.20.2020
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2005
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2002
Choate Rosemary Hall, 1998