Lauren C. Davies’s common sense approach to the preservation of wealth for families and understanding of the complexities of estate planning and administration distinguishes her among her peers. She counsels her clients, including families, high net-worth individuals, business owners and banking institutions, in estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate litigation, succession planning, and more.
Lauren is known for her ability to distill complex planning or probate strategies into understandable terms. Whether she’s helping a client navigate the loss of a loved one or discussing the best way to preserve wealth for future generations of a family, Lauren’s empathy and devotion to her clients is evident. She regularly works with the attorneys in our family law practice and other disciplines across the firm to provide her clients with access to legal services across a breadth of practice areas.
In addition to her experience in estate planning and estate administration, Lauren has broad experience in civil litigation, federal practice, arbitration, real estate and probate litigation. Her litigation experience lends valuable guidance to fiduciaries and beneficiaries through complex trust and estate matters and in navigating the legal system when an institutional action is required.
Lauren is an avid sailor and enjoys spending time on or near the water. She lives in Fairfield, CT with her husband and their three children.
She has been selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Estate Planning & Probate since 2015.
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association – Member of Trusts & Estates Section
Fairfield County Bar Association
Honors & Recognitions
Named to the Super Lawyers "Connecticut Rising Stars" list since 2015 in the area of Estate Planning & Trust Litigation
- Assisted a newly divorced doctor with a new estate plan in favor of her children
- Amended an irrevocable trust by “decanting” it under New York law
- Drafted an estate plan for a business owner with a blended family and a need for asset-protection planning
- Updated the estate plan of an elderly couple and met with them in their assisted living facility
- Terminated a Charitable Remainder Unitrust on the passing of the second spouse and distributing the trust assets to the named charities
News & Insights
- Westport Legal Breakfast Roundtable Discussion Series: Navigating the Current Estate Planning Landscape to Meet Client Goals253 Post Road West, Westport, CT 06880, 02.11.2020
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2005
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2002
Choate Rosemary Hall, 1998