Pullman Attorneys to Present on Cannabis in the Workplace for the Connecticut Bar Association
Pullman & Comley Labor & Employment attorneys Megan Y. Carannante and Zachary T. Zeid will speak at the Connecticut Bar Association's "Cannabis in the CT Workplace: Labor Law and Workers’ Compensation Considerations" panel, where they will provide an update on the status of Connecticut law regarding cannabis in the workplace and in the Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission. Attorney Zachary D. Schurin, who will moderate, will lead the discussion covering:
- Insight on how cannabis, which is now more readily available, is having an impact on employment and workers’ compensation issues;
- How employment law is evolving in response to legalization of cannabis;
- Plans and policies employers should have regarding employees’ use of medical marijuana and recreational marijuana use;
- Requirements for drug testing;
- The current status of medical marijuana issues in the Connecticut Workers’ Compensation forum; and
- How use of medical marijuana or recreational use of marijuana impacts obligations and liabilities under workers’ compensation laws.
This informative session will provide 2.0 CLE Credits (General). For additional information and to register, please visit www.ctbar.org.