“Opportunity Zones: Understanding and Structuring Real Estate and Business Investments in Opportunity Zones”
Our 2019 Business Breakfast Roundtable Series opened with the wildly popular topic of Opportunity Zones, which is expected to become the most impactful federal incentive for equity capital investment in low-income communities. Members of the firm’s Opportunity Zones team provided an overview of the federal Opportunity Zone program and recent IRS guidance as well as advice on attracting and using Opportunity Zone investments.
Additional topics that were addressed included:
- An overview of the program’s eligibility requirements, tax benefits, exemptions and compliance requirements
- Opportunity Fund investments compared to traditional investments
- Recommendations for the creation, operation and management of an Opportunity Fund
- How real estate developers and businesses in Opportunity Zones can access Opportunity Fund investments
- What to expect when negotiating an investment from an Opportunity Fund
We hosted two discussions on the topic, including a March 28 presentation in Bridgeport and an April 9 discussion in Hartford.
Thursday, March 28, 2019
Pullman & Comley – Bridgeport Boardroom
850 Main Street
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Pullman & Comley – Hartford Boardroom
90 State House Square
7:30 a.m. – Registration and Networking
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast and Discussion
To register, please email email@example.com and indicate if you will be attending the Bridgeport or Hartford discussion.