Working Together Webinar Series - Part I: Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law: The Ongoing Response to COVID-19 and Updates on Paid FMLA
We are pleased to introduce the Pullman & Comley Labor & Employment practice Working Together Webinar Series, that will cover a variety of topics relating to labor and employment in the current climate.
Our first webinar was held on Wednesday, December 16. The program began with attorneys Megan Youngling Carannante, Mark J. Sommaruga, and Zachary T. Zeid who discussed "Practical Tips for Managing and Minimizing the Impact of Covid-19 on Your Workplace," including:
- How to use screening and contact tracing effectively to keep your workplace safe;
- "Close contact" complications and how the CDC's new guidance impacts returning employees to work after isolation/quarantine;
- How to navigate complicated Covid issues such as travel, at-risk employees, and employees who refuse to follow safety rules;
- Recommendations on policies, procedures and forms to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
We are pleased to introduce the Pullman & Comley Labor & Employment practice Working Together Webinar Series, beginning next week, that will cover a variety of topics relating to labor and employment in the current climate.
Attorneys Joshua A. Hawks-Ladds and Melinda B. Kaufmann then covered updates on "What you Need to Know About CT Paid Family and Medical Leave," including:
- An overview of Connecticut's new Paid Family and Medical Leave Law
- Changes in the current (non-paid) Connecticut Law
- Updates on how the CTPFMLA program will be administered
- Employer responsibilities, important dates
You can view a full recording of the video here.
Please also take note of the dates below for additional webinars in this series; each will run from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p.m. Additional information and registration details will soon be posted.
2021 Webinar Dates:
Wednesday, January 13 - To register early, please click here
- Unemployment Tips and Trends including Advice on Shared Work, Layoffs and Furloughs
- Creating and Maintaining a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
- Update on EEOC Guidance Regarding Mandatory Vaccinations
Wednesday, January 27
- Trends and Recent Developments in the Area of Employee Benefits
- Trends and Recent Developments in Union Organizing and Negotiations
Wednesday, February 17
- Free Speech and Social Media in the Workplace
- Navigating Complicated Leave Issues Including ADA, Worker's Compensation and FMLA Leave
Wednesday, March 10
- Wage and Hour Update including a Discussion of Misclassification and Independent Contractor Issues
- Management Tool Kit - How to Discipline and Coach Employees Effectively to Improve Productivity and Avoid Legal Exposure
Wednesday, March 31
- How to Use Non-disclosure, Non-solicitation and Noncompete Covenants to Protect Your Company Assets
- Employee Handbook Update