Back to the Future: Education in the Post-Pandemic World - Part I
Get answers to some of your most pressing questions related to education as we prepare to slowly transition to a post-pandemic reality. Will education be the same as it was prior to the COVID-19 virus, or have the past fourteen months forever changed the education-law landscape? Pullman & Comley's School Law Practice welcomes you to attend two separate webinars focusing on legal matters affecting Connecticut public schools and special education programs.
We encourage Superintendents, Special Education Directors, Human Resource Directors, Central Office Administrators and Board Members to attend.
The first webinar, covering school law matters, will be held on Wednesday, May 12, from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Topics of discussion in this webinar include:
- Bargaining Issues over Working Conditions in a Post-COVID World – Identifying the issues and strategizing how to address them.
- Legislative Update - What is on the horizon for school districts?
- First Amendment and Free Speech Concerns – Addressing employee speech on and off campus and on social media.
- Referendum Advocacy – What schools can and cannot do to advocate.
- Transgender Issues in 2021 – The current status of the law and what districts should do to comply.
There will be ample time for Q&A at the end of the presentation. To register for this webinar, please click here.
The second webinar in the series will focus on special education topics and will be held on Friday, May 14, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. For more information and to register, visit the event page here.