Melinda Kaufmann to Present at IEP and 504 Plan Legal Workshop for the National Business Institute
Melinda Kaufmann, an attorney in Pullman & Comley’s School Law practice, will present at an IEP and 504 plan workshop hosted by the National Business Institute. The program is designed to help school administrators understand legal liabilities and spot potential issues in their school's IEP and 504 plan process. Topics of discussion will include:
- How to determine if students are eligible for an IEP or a 504 plan.
- How to implement legally appropriate 504 plans.
- How to conduct IEP meetings.
- How to handle situations where an IEP isn't working and modifications are needed.
- How to create behavioral intervention plans.
- How to properly protect the legal rights of students with IEPs and 504 plans in situations where discipline codes are broken.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
63 Grand Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
For more information or to register for the workshop, please visit the National Business Institute website.