Attorney Joshua Hawks-Ladds Presented "Best HR Practices in Hiring, Disciplining and Firing Employees" to Middlesex Chamber of Commerce
In a seminar hosted by the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by KeyBank, attorney Joshua Hawks-Ladds, Chair of Pullman & Comley’s Labor & Employment practice, presented "Best HR Practices in Hiring, Disciplining and Firing Employees." The discussion focused on helping small business owners, HR personnel and managers understand the legal issues presented by modern hiring and firing decisions, and presented practical steps employers can take to minimize litigation risk.
Specific topics covered included:
- Employment background checks and due diligence
- Drug testing and medical inquiries
- Application and interview process
- Fraudulent employment and/or educational references
- When to discipline and when to fire
- Effective preparation for termination and conducting terminations
- Most common pitfalls and employer best practices
For more information on this seminar, click here.