Robert Hinton to Present “Hiring, Discipline and Firing: Employment Best Practices”
Robert C. Hinton, member of Pullman & Comley’s Labor and Employment practice, will present a workshop entitled “Hiring, Discipline and Firing: Employment Best Practices” at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce. The discussion will focus on helping small business owners, HR personnel and managers understand the legal issues presented by modern hiring and firing decisions, and present practical steps employers can take to minimize litigation risk.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Employment background checks and due diligence
- Drug testing and medical inquiries
- Application and interview process
- Fraudulent employment and/or educational references
- When to discipline and when to fire
- Effective preparation for termination and conducting terminations
- Most common pitfalls and employer best practices
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
393 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
For more information or to register, please click here.