Robert Hinton and Michael LaVelle Presented on FMLA Best Practices, Changes and More
Attorneys Robert Hinton and Michael Lavelle of Pullman&Comley's Labor, Employment Law, and Employee Benefits Department presented on the topic "FMLA Update: Best Practices, Changes, and More" for the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities. This program, directed to town managers, school boards and finance personnel, addressed recent changes to the FMLA in Connecticut and what this means for employee rights.
Specific topics that were covered included:
- What to expect with changes to the FMLA in Connecticut
- What the leave and disability laws require and the order they should be applied
- Key differences between a "serious health condition," a "disability", and a "workplace injury"
- What to do when you suspect issues related to an employee's performance may be due to mental illness
- How to tell if a temporary transfer or change in duties/hours is the answer
- The game plan for returning a workers' compensation claimant to work
- What your leave policy should never state
- How to have difficult conversations with protected employees about attendance, conduct, or performance-based issues
Thompson Library/Community Center
934 Riverside Drive
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255
For more information, please click here