Legislative Update: The Impact of Developments from the 2022 CT General Assembly Session on Schools and Employers
We invite you to join us on Friday, September 23 for a summary of practical takeaways from the 2022 Connecticut General Assembly. Pullman & Comley attorneys will provide key points on updated legislation that affect school districts as well as all employers.
The Program will be divided into two sessions:
12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Summary of Important School Updates
12:45 - 1:30 p.m. - Updated Laws that Matter the Most to Employers
The 2022 Regular Session of the Connecticut General Assembly resulted in the enactment of many bills that may be of interest to Connecticut’s K-12 schools. For the first half of our program, from 12:00 - 12:45 School Law attorney Mark J. Sommaruga will provide a summary of the most important updates, including:
- bills related to school-based mental health issues;
- changes to the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act; and
- specific bills that may require schools to amend their policies.
The second portion of the session will be led by Labor, Employment Law and Employee Benefits attorney Zachary T. Zeid, who will discuss the updated laws that matter the most to employers in the second half of our program, from12:45 - 1:30 p.m. He will cover:
- bills regarding “captive audiences”/employee free speech rights and the protection of victims of domestic violence; and
- changes to the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act related to remote and “hybrid” meetings.
We invite you to join us for this informative presentation. To register for this webinar, please click here. There will be ample time for Q&A following the webinar presentations.
Pullman & Comley School Law attorneys will hold additional webinars over the course of the coming months covering a variety of topics that impact schools in Connecticut. Additional information and registration details for forthcoming webinars will soon follow.