Joshua Hawks-Ladds to Present on Successful Hiring and Recruitment Steps
Attorney Joshua Hawks-Ladds, chair of Pullman & Comley's Labor, Employment Law, and Employee Benefits Department, will present during a seminar entitled, "Mini Law School for HR Professionals" hosted by the National Business Institute. The program will address the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. Josh will open the seminar with a discussion about successful hiring and recruitment steps.
Specific topics to be covered in this session include:
- Drafting Accurate Job Descriptions
- Job Applications: Getting the Data You Need
- Proper Way to Conduct Background Checks
- Screening References Through a Filter of Reality
- The Job Offer of Rejection Letter
- Checklist for a Legal Hire
- Orientation and Training
- Immigration Compliance Documents (I-9 and E-Verify)
- IRS and Federal Compliance Documents (SS-4, W-4, Form 940)
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
100 East River Drive
East Hartford, CT 06108
For more information or to register, call 860-930-6182 or go to nbi-sems.com.