School Law Statewide Seminar
Be prepared for 2020. Pullman & Comley's School Law Practice is pleased to invite you to our sixth annual statewide seminar, "What Your Schools Need to Know and Practical Solutions to Meet Your Needs." This half-day program will feature the topics below and other hot topics facing Connecticut school districts in 2020.
Friday, February 28, 2020
7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS)
30 Realty Dr, Cheshire, CT 06410
This half day program will cover the following topics:
- Collective Bargaining in Modern Times: Recent Trends and New Obstacles
- Social Media: When the School Should and Should Not Intervene
- Residency Issues: Who is Entitled to Accommodations; What are the Rights of Homeless Students and What are the Recent Updates in the Law?
- Bullying Laws in 2020: The School District's Continuing Obligations and New Updates in the Law
- Complex Employee Leave Issues: Navigating the School’s Legal Obligations Under the FMLA, the ADA and Workers’ Compensation Laws
- Title IX: Understanding Student Rights and The School’s Obligations
Click here to view the full agenda.
During lunch, Mark Sommaruga will lead a presentation and discussion starting with the basics of the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) and then focusing on recent developments and guidance under FERPA, including what constitutes a “student record” and what records may and may not be disclosed.
To RSVP for seminar, please email email@example.com or call 203.330.2059. Space is limited.