Pullman & Comley seeks to hire a Paralegal for our Litigation practice.
Pullman & Comley is a full service law firm with more than 80 attorneys in Bridgeport, Hartford, Waterbury and Westport, Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Wakefield, Rhode Island. For more than 100 years we have been close and trusted partners to our clients, committed to providing the highest levels of service and value through hard work, innovative thinking and delivering real results. We believe when our clients are successful, we are successful. Our Litigation practice is one of the largest practices at the firm, and handles all phases of litigation, regularly appearing in state and federal courts, before state and federal administrative agencies and in arbitration proceedings. Our litigators serve a large client base, ranging from individuals and small businesses to large corporations and major financial institutions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years experience with strong e-discovery experience and in-depth knowledge of full litigation lifecycle and EDRM model. Understanding of all aspects of case management, from pre-litigation through litigation and appeals is required. College degrees and/or paralegal certifications preferred.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of e-discovery for both state and federal courts in Connecticut, including, but not limited to, experience using IPro Eclipse/Enterprise or other document review platforms;
- Experience with preparing and assembling exhibits, pleadings, summarizing transcripts, discovery and trial preparation;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mastering software programs for organization, investigation and litigation purposes;
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple cases and attorney requests;
- Ability to effectively manage, think proactively and take initiative;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and
- Excellent time management skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with state and federal trial and appellate court rules;
- Assist with drafting and revising pleadings, motions, discovery requests and responses, and appellate briefs in federal and state court civil matters;
- Manage and assist with electronic court filings in federal and state courts;
- Experience consulting with attorneys, legal teams and clients to develop and implement identification, preservation and collection protocols;
- Ability to assist legal teams with effective data culling, filtering and keyword searching;
- Experience working with litigation support technology (i.e., Ipro Eclipse, Relativity, etc.) designing and managing databases, reviewing and organizing documents and data, and overseeing review projects;
- Assemble chronologies of pertinent facts and key documents;
- Interfacing with clients to gather facts, data and relevant records;
- Able to collaborate with legal teams on the preparation and management of trial exhibits, and use of courtroom technologies (i.e., Trial Director) for effective trial presentation; and
- Assist with other Litigation Department projects as needed.
If you are in interested in applying to this position, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note "Litigation Paralegal" in the subject line.