Andrew C. Glassman is chair of the Business and Finance practice. His practice includes corporate law, commercial transactions and employment and labor relations advisory services.
Andy routinely works with many middle market companies as their general counsel where he advises such clients on their merger and acquisition activities, capital raises restructurings, supply and services agreements, material vendor contracts, loan documentation and advises such clients with respect to retention of investment banking services, creation of special classes and series of equity, negotiation of shareholders’ rights agreements, development of lay employee compensation arrangements and option programs, and various other equity structuring issues.
Andy is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitrator’s Panel.
Andy regularly appears before the Federal and State Wage and Hour Boards, the Department of Labor and the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities in his capacity as general employment counsel to his middle market clients.
Andy is a frequent lecturer in seminars regarding the buying and selling of businesses, limited liability documentation and structuring, and is the author of various articles regarding human resources workplace issues. He is a frequent lecturer before various trade and professional associations.
In 2015, Andy was appointed by Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy to serve as a member of the Commission on Connecticut's Leadership in Corporation and Business Law, a delegation charged with developing and recommending policies to attract, encourage and retain businesses in Connecticut.
- Represented several investment groups in various transactions as the successful bidder as “Stalking Horse” in a Chapter 11 business acquisition bidding processes. Ultimate representation of the investment groups in the acquisition of the Chapter 11 assets and structuring of the operating companies
- Represented shareholders in early stage equity investment rounds for their high tech industrial company with ongoing advice regarding corporate governance issues
- Regularly advises acquisitive clients in the precision manufacturing industry in their acquisition activities
- Constructed incentive stock option programs and stock appreciation rights agreements
- Represented a middle market consolidator of computer systems and computer services companies in its merger and acquisition initiatives
- Serves as general counsel to numerous middle market manufacturing, supply and service companies in several market sectors
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association's Commercial Arbitrator's Panel
- Commission on Connecticut's Leadership in Corporation and Business Law - member
- Connecticut Science Center - board of trustees
- MetroHartford Alliance Economic Development Council
- Hartford Chamber of Commerce - ex-officio director and current member
- MetroHartford Alliance Government Relations and Public Policy Committee
- Simsbury Democratic Town Committee
- Simsbury Rotary Club - past president, board member
- Justice of the Peace
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers to Businesses
- Named Hartford Lawyer of the Year in the "Corporate Governance Law" category in 2016 by The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of corporate governance, compliance and mergers and acquisitions law since 2011
- Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the areas of business/corporate
- Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)