Business and Finance
Pullman & Comley’s Business and Finance law practice advises both publicly-traded entities with a global presence to closely-held start-ups, entrepreneurs and large and small privately held companies on a wide range of business-related issues. Our attorneys serve clients in the financial services, energy and utilities, health care, automotive dealerships, agribusiness, manufacturing, professional services, consumer products, marketing/advertising, marketing research, entertainment and technology industries. We provide counsel on issues that include the choice of business entity, the negotiation of sophisticated commercial agreements and financings, and mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
The attorneys comprising our team are well versed in a wide range of transactions involving capital formation, securities law compliance, intellectual property protection, licensing agreements and business franchises. Our ability to combine our firm’s tax and business experience in the planning phase and to understand the laws affecting issues of corporate governance allows us to respond efficiently and effectively to our clients.
- Representing a manufacturer as the acquirer of the assets of a debtor in possession
- Representing a manufacturer of high-tech devices in its corporate formation, governance and equity raises
- Representing an information services business in its acquisition of an industry leader in a related field
- Representing a manufacturing company in its reverse cash merger with an affiliate of a British conglomerate
- Representing various clients in the development of incentive and non-statutory stock option and stock appreciation rights plans
- Advising officers and directors with regard to restrictions on insider trading and short swing profits
- Representing U.S. and foreign entities with respect to financing and tax issues inside and outside the United States
- Preparation of complex executive employment agreements and compensation packages, and negotiation of executive termination agreements
- Drafted and negotiated complex service agreements on behalf of a leader on the food service and venue management industry for prominent sports venues and convention centers
- Represented an industry-leading manufacturer of timers, controls and SaaS solutions for the commercial kitchen foodservice industry
- Drafted and negotiated complex service agreements on behalf of a leader in the food service and venue management industry for prominent sports venues and convention centers, including Invesco Field at Mile High (n/k/a Sports Authority Field at Mile High) and the Jacob Javits Center in New York City
- Represented an industry-leading manufacturer of timers, controls and SaaS solutions for the commercial kitchen foodservice industry in the refinance of its commercial lines of credit and loan facilities for both the parent company and several operating subsidiaries
- Represented a local pharmaceutical contract manufacturer in its acquisition by a global generic pharmaceutical concern.