SEMINAR: Attorney Zachary Schurin To Speak at National Business Institute’s CT Employment Law Seminar on April 1, 2019
Attorney Zachary Schurin of Pullman & Comley’s Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Department will present at the National Business Institute’s seminar Your Top 11 Employment Law Questions: Answered. In this full-day, practical, real-world employment law course, you will get the answers to your most challenging questions so you can better navigate this rapidly changing and challenging area of law.
Topics addressed will include:
- Navigating FMLA leave challenges, termination of employees on leave and more.
- Workers compensation, the ADA and FMLA.
- Learning how to prevent and handle age, race, pregnancy and gender discrimination in the workplace.
- Clarifying confusion regarding workplace LGBT discrimination and creating workplace policies that are in line with the latest developments.
- Confidently handling challenging EEOC and state agency charges.
- The latest information on FLSA changes and overcome hurdles they create.
- How to avoid non-compete, confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreement dangers.
- How employee internal investigations and attorney-client privilege is preserved or refuted.
- How to best handle difficult hiring and firing issues.
- Confidently manage problem employee issues, such as mental health challenges, bullying, harassment and marijuana complications.
- Examining ethical issues in employment law.
Monday, April 1, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
63 Grand Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
For more information or to register, click here.