Zachary D. Schurin represents local and regional boards of education, regional educational service centers, charter schools, municipalities, non-profit organizations, businesses and individuals in a wide-array of labor, employment, and education law matters. He is an associate attorney in Pullman & Comley’s School Law Section, and in the firm’s Labor, Employment Law and Employee Benefits and Litigation Departments.
Zach has frequently written and spoken on education, labor and employment law issues. His written work has been published in The Connecticut Law Tribune, The Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal, the Connecticut Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Quarterly, The CABE Journal and Pullman & Comley’s Education Law Notes and Working Together blogs. He is a past-president of the Connecticut Council of School Attorney’s and is a member of the Connecticut Labor and Employment Relations Association’s steering committee.
Attorney Schurin is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law and Hamilton College. Upon graduation from the University of Connecticut School of Law, Zach was awarded the Fleming James Jr. Award for excellence in labor law studies and the Connecticut Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section’s annual scholarship award. While in law school Zach served as a legislative fellow in the Connecticut General Assembly’s Office of Legislative Research.
- Connecticut Council of School Attorneys - past president
- Connecticut Bar Association - Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Section
- Hartford County Bar Association's Education Law Section - secretary
- Labor and Employment Relations Association - Steering Committee, Connecticut Chapter
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a "2016 Rising Star" in the areas of schools & education
- Connecticut Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section 2008 Scholarship Award
- Fleming James Jr. Award for Excellence in labor law studies